• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NO DASH LIGHTS

dcoland70RR

Local time
8:01 PM
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been taking out my awesome 1970 Roadrunner nearly every day recently. Owned it for almost 15 months and have never driven at night. Went to drive it tonight and realized none of the dash lights work. All the factory gauges work but 0 lights. Tomorrow I am going to check all the bulbs but wondering if anyone knows if there is some plug in fuse or canister type fuse anywhere under the dash that powers all the lights? I know little to nothing about electrical work on cars so thought I would just throw that out there.

Thanks,
Dave

I would start with the bulbs...But it could be the dimmer switch on the dash is not turned up to brighten the dash lights.I have the oppisite problem..my dash light stay on all the time...I have the dash ripped apart right now.Go luck and a " beep beep" to ya..........

Thanks but I triple checked that and the dimmer switch is turned up. Gonna have to pull it out and inspect back of it soon.

Thanks again

I've had the same problem on several of my chargers. It has been the headlight switch every time. I would start with that. My headlights would come on but no dash lights

Hello,

I have been taking out my awesome 1970 Roadrunner nearly every day recently. Owned it for almost 15 months and have never driven at night. Went to drive it tonight and realized none of the dash lights work. All the factory gauges work but 0 lights. Tomorrow I am going to check all the bulbs but wondering if anyone knows if there is some plug in fuse or canister type fuse anywhere under the dash that powers all the lights? I know little to nothing about electrical work on cars so thought I would just throw that out there.

Thanks,
Dave
Fuse. I'd (almost) guarantee it.

Thanks for suggestions.

Well, had a little free time to check some stuff out in the car. All the fuses in the fuse panel are fine. BUT, the fuse for the dash lights has no power at all going to the fuse panel. Does anyone know on a 1970 b body with rally gauge cluster, Do I have to unbolt the steering wheel assembly shaft and drop that down in order to pull the gauge cluster forward/partially out?

Auto Transport Service
Back