• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No Mess Oil Change

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
6:38 AM
Reaction score
I find the best no-mess method is to take my vehicle to a place like Jiffy Lube !!

Agreed - for the price of an oil change these days vs. the hassle - especially at a location like my house. I’d rather someone else did it and ate the mess.

Agreed - for the price of an oil change these days vs. the hassle - especially at a location like my house. I’d rather someone else did it and ate the mess.
One must also consider the quality of oil the ( cheap) places use. I don't think a $15-$20 oil change at a shop is near the quality of oil i use when buying it at an auto parts store. 5 quarts of oil & a filter alone are usually more than that. Imo.

One must also consider the quality of oil the ( cheap) places use. I don't think a $15-$20 oil change at a shop is near the quality of oil i use when buying it at an auto parts store. 5 quarts of oil & a filter alone are usually more than that. Imo.
I agree with you - however I can go to a place where I can provide my own oil and filter. I use Lucas Racing Oil. I won’t put cheap no zinc oil in my motor. They discount me for providing the parts.

I agree with you - however I can go to a place where I can provide my own oil and filter. I use Lucas Racing Oil. I won’t put cheap no zinc oil in my motor. They discount me for providing the parts.

Or I can specify what oil I need to be provided. They’ll order from the auto parts store and use. This wouldn’t be the $15 - 20 change. Maybe $40.

This friggin primate... Let me rev the hell out of my smokey ol' chebby. Should be changing the oil in that thing, it's eating as much oil as it is gas. Then I'm going to do a burnout on the edge of the road so my tire drags on the curb. Then I'm going to get under this POS while it's balancing on the floor jack. This youtube all star is the guy I want to take advice from.

Otherwise, it seems like a cool oil drain pan.

I will change my own. Mess or no mess. Would have to teach the clowns how to drive it and then damage prevention to oil pan. Explain to some dumb *** how to get the oil filter out, prelube before install and that he needs to put 7 qt back in just is not worth it. Oil and filter right now $54.25 before tax.

Looks good. Nobody touches my rolling stock but me. The modern Mopars are a PIA to get underneath though. I put the Fumoto drain valve on both cars. Tubing attaches and there is no mess.

Oil mess when you take the drain plug out? Put a bread wrapper or grocery plastic bag over your hand-arm . throw it in the trash when you are done....the bag I mean !..........................MO

Oil mess when you take the drain plug out? Put a bread wrapper or grocery plastic bag over your hand-arm . throw it in the trash when you are done....the bag I mean !..........................MO
You know those funny looking balloons? If you let the air out, you can actually fit a hand inside them and your hands stay clean. :)
https://www.bing.com/images/search?...loon&simid=608025619784729639&selectedIndex=3
menurky-gloves.jpg

A little Dove dishsoap and water you will never know your hands got dirty. After all we are car guys and the grease and oil under the finger nails proves that.

I find the best no-mess method is to take my vehicle to a place like Jiffy Lube !!
Once upon a time I had shitty lube service my dually, Iwas pressed for time, what a mistake.
.I wouldn't trust jiffy lube for anything. they damaged my truck, they payed for the damage but what a friggin hassle, Dam kids working there.If you cant do it yourself take it to a reputable garage.

Anyone notice the threads on the funnel and extensions are backwards for the oil flow? LOL

Sorry, but that just bugs the hell out of me.

I've posted this on another thread but it fits here also.
Take a gallon jug and cut it lenth ways. Cut the bottom in a curve to hook behind the filter. Loosen the filter enough to be able to spin it by hand then insert your modified jug. Keeps the oil from going all over the K frame.

20170711_104004.jpg
20170711_103811.jpg
20170711_103824.jpg
20170711_103733.jpg

Good idea, khrylerkid. I had something of the nature, years ago, I used. Going to make up a new on...keep it in the trunk, pull it out when needed. Hate a oiled down k-frame, and wiping it down.

Years ago I was changing the oil on my full size Dodge van, everything went well no mess, no spills. When I finished I started to back out of the driveway I heard a loud noise at the rear of the van. Apparently I forgot to move the remaining case of oil that was sitting behind the van and I ran over it, looked like the oil spill of the Exxon Valdeze, what a mess.

Auto Transport Service
Back