• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No paperwork 67 gtx

T.bone

Local time
7:13 AM
Reaction score
Hi all, bought a 67 with some paperwork ie prev titles and ads from former car lot, I purchased with no fender tag or original build sheet, just a vin. Came with power front discs and not original paint. My question is am I hurting the value if I upgrade rear drums to discs and the 8 3/4 with a dana 60 & coilovers? I live in boston and like the car to handle better, car was sold as original motor & trans, but 67 can only be "date correct". I just don't want to do anything to take away from car, just trying to build a bad *** street ride! Thanks for any advise in advance.
20160920_192311.jpg
20160920_192449.jpg
20160920_192358.jpg 20160827_132813.jpg

Just my opinion but I don't think you'd be hurting the value at all by making the above changes. You've already got some changes to car as you bought it. The no fender tag or build sheet are other missing pieces. I think the upgrades would be doing the car a favor. She's a beauty. Do what you want to and enjoy the ride.

Thanks for the input. I'll post more pics as the work continues!

Unless you're building a trailer-queen, I don't believe any performance upgrades[that don't require major cutting] will hurt your car. Make it safe and fast. Have fun, and don't give a care what others think.

Congratulations on the GTX. You will find that the Mopar crowd for the most part, is not as rabid about absolute correctness as the Chevrolet and Corvette crowd. I haven't upgraded mine to discs but I have added a brake booster that it didn't originally have. Only seemed right - power steering, air, auto - needs power brakes to complete the luxury musclecar image.

My 70 charger was missing the fender tag and build sheet. The vin was correct and matched the body numbers. So im building the car the way I want it. Color change, nom bb, disc fronts, and looking at an aftermarket k/front suspension. My take on yours. Keep going sounds great.

Chrysler historical might have the info...did for both of my 67 R/T's....as far as the rearend and disc brakes.....I'd prefer that over an 8 3/4 and drums....I installed cal tracs and a dana 60 in my R/t...changed the 440 to a hemi....Not worried about resale....my car will never make it to a museum or Barret/Jackson

My 70 RR has fender tag, build sheet and original 383 motor. The guy I bought it from who restored it changed the bench seat to buckets with a console floor shift, added an air grabber hood and go-wing. Since it was no longer "as built", I had no problem converting it from automatic (non-matching 727) to a date correct 4 speed pistol grip shifter without the console and added a buddy seat/arm rest. IF I ever sell it, it can be easily converted back to "as built", but who the hell would want to? All the changes are for the better, IMO !!!!!! So do what you want and enjoy the ride !!!!!

Whats up fellow X owner, congrats on your awesome find.what was the original color if not Alpine white?My X is White you don't see to many in white. That paint looks original in the pictures, door jam, engine compartment .What is that next to the radio by the glove box? looks like a clock?mite be an option. just curious.
IMO the 8 3/4 with leafs is a great set up. no need to go to a Dana unless your gonna put down over 600 ponies with some sticky sneakers.
If you love the look.of the Dana 60 I understand nothing says performance like looking under the rear of a Mopar and seeing that Dana 60 cover. its like "peas & carrots(forest gump & Jenny)" they just go great together. lol
Save the money on the Dana & coil over conversion and put it into the front end suspension for your handling that you are looking for and then see where your at. just my thoughts.
As NJRR said "do what you want and enjoy the ride !!!!".I agree 100%.
Put the T-BONE touch on that GTX. And if any numbers correct **** ball sniffer comes sniffin and gets up in your grill about you having the wrong numbers on your heater hoses rip them out of the car and beat said party and tell um to piss off. life's to short to worry about other peoples negative comments about your pride and joy.
MOPOWER TO YA !!

P.S. don't forget to put the heater hoses back on ;-)

Whats up fellow X owner, congrats on your awesome find.what was the original color if not Alpine white?My X is White you don't see to many in white. That paint looks original in the pictures, door jam, engine compartment .What is that next to the radio by the glove box? looks like a clock?mite be an option. just curious.
IMO the 8 3/4 with leafs is a great set up. no need to go to a Dana unless your gonna put down over 600 ponies with some sticky sneakers.
If you love the look.of the Dana 60 I understand nothing says performance like looking under the rear of a Mopar and seeing that Dana 60 cover. its like "peas & carrots(forest gump & Jenny)" they just go great together. lol
Save the money on the Dana & coil over conversion and put it into the front end suspension for your handling that you are looking for and then see where your at. just my thoughts.
As NJRR said "do what you want and enjoy the ride !!!!".I agree 100%.
Put the T-BONE touch on that GTX. And if any numbers correct **** ball sniffer comes sniffin and gets up in your grill about you having the wrong numbers on your heater hoses rip them out of the car and beat said party and tell um to piss off. life's to short to worry about other peoples negative comments about your pride and joy.
MOPOWER TO YA !!

P.S. don't forget to put the heater hoses back on ;-)
Haahhaha

Previously it was red, yes it's a clock next to radio. I have been thinking about going to carlise for chrysler nationals....about a 7 hr drive. Has anyone been in previous years? Looks like a pretty amazing event!

car corral has gotten about half or less than what it was 25 years ago

Last edited:
Can see the red under the hood scoop and all around the vin plate on the door panel. Think I am going to paint it black and lose the vinyl top, while I'm at it.

20170219_081253.jpg 20170219_081218.jpg

Can see the red under the hood scoop and all around the vin plate on the door panel. Think I am going to paint it black and lose the vinyl top, while I am at it.

That sounds like a plan. Then get a cool plate and add a Skynyrd sticker. - Joe Dirt

67 GTX Feb 2106 2.jpg 67 GTX Feb 2016 1.jpg

Last edited:
Much better look in black without the vinyl or stripes, though, I think I want to do some steel wheels, dog dishes & redlines for shoes....gonna take a while to get there, starting to refresh the dash & add ac next week

Yours looks so clean, great looking ride!

The redlines look great on all GTX's and Roadrunners. Diamond Back modifies BF Goodrich Radial T/A's into redlines that gives a great driving modern tire in a redline look. You rarely see a GTX with the steel wheels and bottlecaps, but I like the look. They seemed to have all come with the full hubcaps (that are pretty ugly) or the Magnum 500's. Keystones, Cragers or Torque Thrusts give more of an old school look.

Auto Transport Service
Back