• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not Mopar, but I'm going, and I'm stoked! Pontiacs in Pigeon Forge June 1st-4th

biomedtechguy

Accelerati Rapidus Maximus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:35 AM
Reaction score
I've been to Pigeon Forge for a Chrysler Conquest/Mitsubishi Starion car club meet (starquestclub.com) when I had a '89 Conquest TSi. Tore up the Tail of the Dragon. It was a great time.
My wife and I are bringing my wife's 65 Pontiac 421 TriPower 4 speed Royal Bobcat GTO to Pontiacs in Pigeon Forge and it should be awesome. Anyone going to be there?
20170212_154918.jpg

Thanks. Here's another pic. The paint is Iris Mist. Kinda hard to appreciate in pictures what a unique and beautiful color it is.
20161005_184804.jpg

I had the 1965 421 rebuilt last September. It is a 4 bolt main motor. I used ARP studs on the caps, and ARP everything everywhere else. The 8777 iron heads had already been worked and had roller tip rocker arms, I added Viton valve stem seals and new Comp Cams springs, retainers, and lash caps. Xtreme Energy hydraulic roller cam and lifters, RaceTech .035 over forged aluminum pistons (10:1) forged Eagle H-beam rods, billet steel double roller timing set, Pertronix billet aluminum distributor with Ignitor 3 multi spark module and integrated rev limiter.
Now we REALLY need an upgraded posi rear end assy. I'm probably going with a Currie 9"Ford based setup.

I think you have posted that before and I still cant get enough of that sweet machine!

I was up at 6am..checking off the remaining boxes for departure. Desktop computer crapped out, so that was 2nd on the list. #1 was 2 new tires for the rear wheels on the car trailer. OPTIMA Blue Top Marine/Deep Cycle battery for the trailer winch and tongue jack. Check and load detailing supplies, pack a bag, get the 3 Lab Mix rescues and the micro-mini (30 lb) pig together and loaded up...
Finally rolled out. We'll be at the cabin around 1:30am. Then up early to secure a spot in the car show lot for the next 3 days.
I'm looking forward to hitting the Tail of the Dragon again.
20170531_154127-1.jpg
20170531_160829.jpg

Man, this GTO has been on my *** the whole trip!
20170531_161153.jpg

Nice ride! A friend with a 4 speed Judge back around 1975 showed me my first real fast car.

Been to the area on my M C years ago. Beautiful part of the Country. Tram ride in Gatlinburg was amazing. Closest thing I drove was a 64 Lemans ragtop. 326 4 speed. Single legger. Girls liked it.

Thanks for all of the replies. If it wouldn't have been "worst 'thirty" in the pitch black night/morning I may not have pulled the H2 and trailer up the vertical driveway to the cabin we rented...wow. Got the car over to the show at the Music Road Hotel convention area and detailed up Thursday morning. Sketchy weather forecasts turned out to be beautiful weather Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. She won 3rd place! Competition was TOUGH. Great collection of Pontiacs and my wife was very happy with her trophy. Got some professional photos done and beat the downpour loading the GTO back up on the open car trailer for the trip home in the rain Sunday.
2017-06-06 04.41.28.jpg

20170603_203140.jpg
20170603_135831.jpg
20170604_104828.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back