• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

oil pan question

Bumper

Local time
7:26 PM
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a 440 in my 62 Polara, as we know the engine sits about an inch further forward on the stock K frame . I want a new oil pan and want to know whats 'the one' to go for that gives good clearance but I want to retain a stock look so not really looking for a boxy, racey look. The pan I have right now has a big 187 on it? No idea what that relates to. Any advice greatly appreciated.
many thanks,
Jerry (UK)

A 187 pan is a c-body pan I believe. If it fits without contacting the drag link or k frame I'd use it. The original 62-65 pan, part no. 2465 195 is getting pretty hard to find. It took me a couple of years to find a nice one. The original ones have a slight bulge on very shallow ends.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

I also use the 402 pan with the matching pick up tube.

To use the 402 pan, did you have to shim the mounts to clear the drag link?

I have it on my A body. Can't see why you'd need to shim the engine in a B body.

Not real familiar with the 402 pan, there's not much room on the early b-bodies between the k frame and drag link. Thanks for the link to 440 source.

I ordered the pan and pickup tube for my 62 from 440 Source. This is what I received. Also what you might have to do to modify the pickup tube. Seams like they are universal and need to be modified in order to be properly located.
Sorry I haven't installed the engine yet, so I'm hoping from the info that I've researched it will work out. I'm confident that it will.

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/oil-pan-woes.96530/#post-910297870

The C body pan and the big block A body pan are the same, IIRC.

I have a couple of those A body pans.

Auto Transport Service
Back