• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OPinion on External pickup oilling system.

Hello theman440, not tryin to high jack your thread, I'm thinking on running one of these bad boys as well, ill be watching closely

its $100.00 less, their over stock on this style, external filter version
http://store.440source.com/Billet-A...External-Filter-Version/productinfo/200-1102/
upload_2017-6-28_22-10-24.png

looks like a milodon clone. the idea is to pull oil from both sides of the rotors; although just using a single external can be done. several different ways to configure a system depending on the needs. those covers need a good hard anodize.

It looks to be a copy of the indy which I have used. It works good. They normally don't play well with stock engine mounts though as an FYI.

It looks to be a copy of the indy which I have used. It works good. They normally don't play well with stock engine mounts though as an FYI.
I`m running an old funny car alum. pan, single external swinging p/u, w/ a stock type hi volume pump, motor plate 2" headers, aftermarket front end. Its all tite in an A body, but I like it.

yep. i had to jump thru some hoops to get a milodon to fit up to stock wedge mounts/k-frame.

Just wondering, why can't you use a stock internal pickup with the an external fixed pickup? Then your drawing oil from both sides of pump.

Just wondering, why can't you use a stock internal pickup with the an external fixed pickup? Then your drawing oil from both sides of pump.
done it several times; it works. got the idea back in the very early '70's. took apart a KB fueler short block and that's what it had; stock 1/2" pipe inside/outside #12 hose pick-up. the early front engine fuel car chassis were set up for early hemis and the 426's external pump didn't fit well in the chassis so that's how they did it.

I appreciate the input but I was hoping somebody had personal experience with this product.

I appreciate the input but I was hoping somebody had personal experience with this product.

It's just a cover on a normal HV pump. No reason it shouldn't work just as good as any similar unit. I wouldn't be afraid to use it unless you're planning on running some crazy rpm. Some of their products are the same as Indy sells, just without the branding. I know for a fact the swinging pickup is the same, I've used both.

I have the Milodon wedge version. Much grinding on the "motor mount/steering box" bracing to clear the suction fitting. Still things look stout enough. The 440 Source part looks pretty good.

looks like a milodon clone. the idea is to pull oil from both sides of the rotors; although just using a single external can be done. several different ways to configure a system depending on the needs. those covers need a good hard anodize.

That appears to be the single line suction version, not a dual suction pump. I ran the dual suction Milodon system for many years. Worked great, it does feed both sides of the rotor. The single line system shown only feeds the outside of the rotor, but avoids the interior restriction in the stock block. I currently have the Milodon single line version, but the Source piece sure looks nice. I think whats shown is the version for an external oil filter with the two fittings on the end.

Auto Transport Service
Back