• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paint Jail

wagonman

Local time
3:20 PM
Reaction score
Took the 68 to the painter this saturday. Hopefully to be done mid june. His work is stellar and reasonable. I have seen a few examples and am confident of a good result. He just rented another 1500 sq ft shop to add to a 1000 sq ft and his home paint booth to get all the work he dose expidited. Still I cant freekin wait for this to be done. Wish me good luck and SPEED.

Good, cheap, fast. Pick 2. The only time I've seen different...was thru a great friend. I hope you get all 3.

Maybe let him take his time. You'll have years to enjoy his quality work.

Maybe let him take his time. You'll have years to enjoy his quality work.
I was scheduled for sept 16, Yes he takes his time but I am OK with it. Still Antsy, I want to drive this thing again. Drove it all last summer in primer and got the bugs worked out. Paint then put it all back together AGAIN, at least I know where everything is at and it will be an easy task.

Don't ever tell a body, chassis, or engine guy to "take his time".... or "no hurry". They've already got that part down to a science.

I waited 4.5 years, then pulled it out and lost $6K
Good luck!
Sounds good so far.

Most here are sick of hearing my paint-jail story.

1497549593943359518108.jpg
I don't have the skills but my body guy does. Ready for high build primer. Then 180, prime again 220, prime again 400, then BC CC. Cut n buff.

Don't ever tell a body, chassis, or engine guy to "take his time".... or "no hurry". They've already got that part down to a science.
Here's the fix. Get the phone number for the guy's wife, and when her hubby starts falling behind, text her a picture of hundred dollar bills and say "If he doesn't get moving, this goes to someone else." Worked great for me. :)

Here's the fix. Get the phone number for the guy's wife, and when her hubby starts falling behind, text her a picture of hundred dollar bills and say "If he doesn't get moving, this goes to someone else." Worked great for me. :)
Thanks for the advice but like me he is divorced. Was over at his shop last wensday and it is in second prime and 220 sanding was in progress. Going by today with some cash and to stoke the fire. All in all I am happy with the progress. Summer is here and I want to drive this.

Been searching for a shop for a while to do mine. Found a shop last week and went in for a chat. Here's how it works ... you bring the car in and between the two of you agree on what has to be done and the schedule. Each week you drop in to a) check progress and quality and b) pay that week's bill. You are free to take your car at any time in any stage.

Been searching for a shop for a while to do mine. Found a shop last week and went in for a chat. Here's how it works ... you bring the car in and between the two of you agree on what has to be done and the schedule. Each week you drop in to a) check progress and quality and b) pay that week's bill. You are free to take your car at any time in any stage.
Taking a bit more work to get it lazer straight. Getting final sanded in 400 as I type and taped off to redo the door and trunk jambs. He promised to be done by the 20th cut and buffed also. That leaves about 2 weeks to reassemble and some more shake down runs before we leave for Reno on the 5th of august. Yeah Stanton that is how it working out as far as $$$, I pay about every couple of weeks though. When its done I will post some pics. Good luck on your project.

Auto Transport Service
Back