• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Part question.?.?.?

All 66 chargers had drum brakes. Calipers on the front would indicate a disc brake conversion, so you would need to determine which parts were used. If they came off an A-Body which used to be the most common(dart, duster etc..) or some aftermarket swap. That could be tricky. Almost all cars had 10" X 2-1/2"drums (8-3/4" rear end gear). So the rear brakes should be an easy replacement. Take some pictures of the front and post them. Someone here can identify them I'm sure. Brakes are top priority.
Change all the fluids, hoses (particularly the power steering hose) and belts. Get a clear fuel filter and watch it carefully. But make sure to get some test drive time in before any longer distance driving.
Good luck! It can be done.
I was thinks 10 and 11 inch drums may be wrong though

Hi everyone, im 18 and fixing a 1966 charger so I can drive it before I go off to boot camp and then to service, I want to get it going hopefully this spring break, and I have a list compiled a long list of materials/parts that I know ill need and material/parts that I might need tot make it run & drive and what not. What i'm wondering are there any places that have "cheap" parts it put cheap in quotations because no part is ever cheap but i'm sure you know that, I was just looking online at one parts store and so far my bill is almost $1,500 I was going to "shop around" at different car parts places but that's with every damn thing I could possibly think of that could hinder it from running... i'm not looking for top of the line parts cheaper the better for right now because after service i'm going to rebuild everything. I was just online looking at some other sites and CARID had calipers for $80 vs the other parts stores at like $130 I know that it just one part but that 50 bucks cheaper... are there any other cheap places I should check out and is CARID a good site to buy parts off of?

I also live in Mosinee Wisconsin 54455

The more info the better always open to suggestions.

sorry for it being so long got carried away kinda...

Thanks for taking the time to read this and possibly respond.

Jesse

I have a great deal of still new for sale, reason>>I have decided to upgrade to rack and pinion/large disc brakes on all four etc. Plus am parting out 3 66s, will sell all the brake/shocks/frontend parts for what paid and only add shipping costs......I live in SE Iowa

I have a great deal of still new for sale, reason>>I have decided to upgrade to rack and pinion/large disc brakes on all four etc. Plus am parting out 3 66s, will sell all the brake/shocks/frontend parts for what paid and only add shipping costs......I live in SE Iowa
Do u have a center grille piece? Mine is in two pieces. Also a trunk lid weather strip.

Do u have a center grille piece? Mine is in two pieces. Also a trunk lid weather strip.
I do, unsure of condition will look at closely, far as trunk lid weather strip are u talking that piece that goes completely around the trunk lid closure ?

Yes, that's correct, I need a complete used one because I need to see if it will be ok to use since I modified my rear lid nd it is closer to that shape than the 67 Coronet original shape. That will give me an idea if it will work or not. The grill only needs to in 1 piece and the chrome not too pitted, I will sand it down and repaint it and polish it. Thanks man. Ghost.

Well when taxes come back ill have tot contact you about some body parts I may need... as for the new parts do you have pictures of them?

The new parts I have are only brakes/complete front end steering components,F&R shocks..........No body parts and I may have misunderstood about trunk lid weather strip, I do have one for the 66 Charger, going to use it, Will add,( try) pic of grill today, unless pitted...........

The new parts I have are only brakes/complete front end steering components,F&R shocks..........No body parts and I may have misunderstood about trunk lid weather strip, I do have one for the 66 Charger, going to use it, Will add,( try) pic of grill today, unless pitted...........
Ok thanks. Ghost

Do you have front and rear shocks, and just the brake pads or all the brake components? How much for all your new stuff, and do you have pictures?... I do have a list of parts that I need for the car but those can come later it like 90% complete car its just missing odds and ends... if you have what I'm looking for in new parts I might see if you have some of the body parts I need ish...

66Dodge-- now you have 2 friends for life, Ghost and me,LOL. Semper Fi.

Brakes are all drum style, yes have 4 sets, new hardware as well as a master cylinder, wheel cylinders and vacuum cannister (NOT DISC BRAKES) believe shocks are all Monroe original ride style. Hope to get pics of all today. Going to try to get all in one pic. All FE steering components include>inner,outer tie rod ends adjusting sleeves and pitman along with all new bushings, if u need upper or lower control arms and spindles have those as well but are used.Will figure cost of what you know you want. I will not add anything to actual cost, however I do not want to go to the trouble of getting costs for anything u do not want. I live 15 miles from town, If I get the pics loaded to day will add cost of each as well, you decide if ok, then tell me which u want will get u shipping cost, then u can say yes or no......Thanks Ken

Sorry for not responding been busy these last couple days... i,m not really looking for steering parts unless something is fucked then ill need them... bur the brakes i'm definitely interested in ill only need one set of disk breaks for the back and the hard wear that ill need... and the shocks, you have four right?.. and if you have what i need for these parts i might see if you have some odds and ends for body parts im looking for... because then ill just make a road trip to pick up all the parts... your only 6ish hours from me...

Thanks,

Jesse

Need to make sure you understand, you very likely do not have disc brakes in back, should be drum. If some one has upgraded, then quite possible to have disc. I only have DRUM style...........As far as front end components, will depend on how many miles and if were greased regularly. Very easy to tell, have some one rotate steering left right, not extreme. You need to watch all moving joints for slack as they move steering wheel left/right. Ball joints are a little more difficult to test, Google it :) planning on getting pics today. How many miles does your odometer show ? Understand about slow reply, guilty of same thing often :)

My rear has drum brakes... i'm sorry I didn't have time to reread what i wrote... i am just tired and busy hahahaha

Adding photos. Hope you can read all the box part numbers. You really should check your front end for possible needs. I am selling only due to fact I have decided to upgrade the entire front end and add disc brakes all around, but have another Charger that will be all original so those parts will just go back on shelf if u r not interested

P1090498.JPG P1090499.JPG P1090501.JPG P1090502.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back