• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Parts supply for 1975 to 1978 B Bodies

somewhereinthecity

Local time
1:06 AM
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have owned a 1973 Coronet daily driver since 2012 and have rarely encountered difficulty obtaining parts. I have been looking for a second B body and found a nice 75 Charger that I am considering, BUT a cursory search last night for parts I will need to get this car in street shape was a bit sobering -- could find nothing on YearOne, very little on Rock Auto. For example, no one has a driver side wiper arm (75-78 pantograph assembly is apparently different from the 71-74 style.)

Looking for advice from other later B body owners: is a 75 Charger going to be a difficult car to maintain as a driver because of parts supply? Please share your experiences.

It all depends on what parts you need. I have found seals and such , but for body and interior pieces other than a dash cap and carpet , you would be in a much better place if you were to buy a nice parts car. People part these cars out because they aren't desirable. I've had a few of them and I've had to fix and restore most everything I already have.

Most anything after 74 is a "hunt for good used stuff" scenario. Even then...nobody saved anything from those cars. It took me over a year to find a NOS grill for my 80 F-body, and it came from outside the country.

PM me for info on trim, interior, hard and soft parts for A, B, C body cars.... i know a place where many cars reside, but they've been there so long that sheet metal is useless. Still lots of useful stuff, though...

As stated above,Mechanical parts such as under the hood and suspension aren't a problem.Wiper problems are common for sure. used parts can be found at places such as Wildcat auto wreckers and closer to home for you is Murry Park in Ohio.Murry Park's specialty is "C" bodies but has the later 75-79 parts cars too. Just a thought.

I have a lot of NOS and very nice used parts left over from my restoration of my 75 RR. Tell us your needs and I will see if I have anything to help you out.

75RRMurphyPark3.JPG

I could use the stainless pedal dress up for the e-brake gas and brake pedals for my '78 if anyone has some available.

Auto Transport Service
Back