• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Patina presever - satin clear?

70Bronco

Local time
4:28 PM
Reaction score
Anybody used Eastwood Patina Preserver (http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-patina-preserver-aerosol.html) or a combination of Boiled Linseed Oil and acetone to protect worn out exterior that has rust and bare metal showing through? These methods are supposed to last about one year. Just wondering if anybody has done it and how it went.

The other option is satin clear, but I buffed it once and I'm not sure if I need to scratch it up before applying clear, or if it's rough enough as is.

Belvedere buffed a.JPG Belvedere buffed c.JPG Belvedere buffed d.JPG

Just use regular clear. Get the cheapest brand

If your going to paint it, "paint it". If your not, just leave it alone.

My only issue with that is all the bare metal on the trunk and hood. That’s why I’m curious about the Linseed route.
Ive used linseed oil inside Super Cub , citabria, and scout frames. it preserves it.just rub on the metal spots... . or use a metal polish on the bare metal spots.. it will preserve from oxidation and changing color..

Anybody used Eastwood Patina Preserver (http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-patina-preserver-aerosol.html) or a combination of Boiled Linseed Oil and acetone to protect worn out exterior that has rust and bare metal showing through? These methods are supposed to last about one year. Just wondering if anybody has done it and how it went.

The other option is satin clear, but I buffed it once and I'm not sure if I need to scratch it up before applying clear, or if it's rough enough as is.

View attachment 527845 View attachment 527846 View attachment 527847

If you lived in Arizona Id say leave it but if you live where you have a lot of mousture youll be dealing with flash rust all the time. Comes off on your hands and gets on your clothes.

Auto Transport Service
Back