• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

performance parts shop san fran / san jose area

67belvedere/225

Local time
6:34 AM
Reaction score
im going to san jose for a day is there any walk in perf store there that i can buy a hurts line lock fro my b body , ???

Best bet would be to google local Shops and call ahead, you might be better served shopping online and getting the cyber week deals.

i m flying in tonight looking at a car tomorrow and flying back saturday am
a quick trip

Be a Baller.
Get a few eXstacy pills and go to 1015 Folsom in San Francisco. It is a bad *** dance club. Lots of young, thin hot chicks there. Of course, that was in 1997. They could all be married and fat by now.

Be a Baller.
Get a few eXstacy pills and go to 1015 Folsom in San Francisco. It is a bad *** dance club. Lots of young, thin hot chicks there. Of course, that was in 1997. They could all be married and fat by now.
Hell yeah

Vic Hubbards in Hayward if they are still around.

Vic Hubbard's Speed & Marine (as we knew it) closed 3 years ago. Sorry to see them go. Lots of drag racing/street rod history there. It was sold by some of the family's younger generation to a new owner who canned all of the employees on the spot, shut the doors to remodel and reopened as an OEM parts store (no more speed equipment). I think they kept the name though.

Sped Merchant (on Lincoln Ave) in San Jose closed about 5-6 years ago. Bummer since I moved 5 minutes away from them about 4 months before they closed.

Gotellis Speed Shop in South San Francisco is the only remaining speed shop I know that is still open on the SF Peninsula (if not the entire SF Bay Area).

Bummer on Hubbards changing of the guard. When I worked at the speed shop, The Parts House in San Luis Obispo, the backside of Hubbards had another biz that was called Speed Warehouse. This was one of the suppliers we bought from for the stuff Vern did not buy direct. This was in 81-85 when I worked there. Gear heads version of working at Victoria's Secret. Fun times. I remember when they did a mini version of the SEMA show at a facility near Hayward and when we were walking up, I got mooned by Linda Vaughn. She was bending over, wearing a mini skirt, to adjust her shoes. WOW!

IMG_0722.JPG

Good to meet you Kevin. Photo at 527 Charcot, San Jose. Club Autosport.

Yup just got back last night , tired and jet lagged .
Thanks for coming out and giving us a drive in your Charger .
too bad the car we looked at was not as he said it was. the steering was not sorted and the electrical was not working , the motor ran like **** and popping lean in intake couldn't exelarate .
like we just flew across the country dude he wanted 90 000 for the car , there is a similar 65 riviera for sale on hemming for 64 that runs . yeah the body was perfect and all that but the car doesnt steer
you cant just bolt a rack and pinion on a car like that and expect it to steer
Thanks again to Dennis for being so nice and taking us for a drive

IMG_0565.JPG

Here is the car and builder. Has a shop at the San Jose Autosport.

Vic Hubbard's Speed & Marine (as we knew it) closed 3 years ago. Sorry to see them go. Lots of drag racing/street rod history there. It was sold by some of the family's younger generation to a new owner who canned all of the employees on the spot, shut the doors to remodel and reopened as an OEM parts store (no more speed equipment). I think they kept the name though.

Sped Merchant (on Lincoln Ave) in San Jose closed about 5-6 years ago. Bummer since I moved 5 minutes away from them about 4 months before they closed.

Gotellis Speed Shop in South San Francisco is the only remaining speed shop I know that is still open on the SF Peninsula (if not the entire SF Bay Area).
Wow that's too bad, sort of sad
I loved Vic Hubbard's
they sponsored my Altered's & Pro-Gas cars
fuel, plugs & oils/fluids

Vic Hubbards Catalog in the 60's.jpg

Vic Hubbards in the 50's sign for address.jpg

Vic Hubbards in the 50's.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back