• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Difffernce

steve from staten island

Local time
12:28 PM
Reaction score
Looking for new latches for my convert top on my 69 sat. Im finding a big swing in prices and were not talking original Mopar either. Classic and some internet sites have them as low as $100 for a pair. Other places I've seen as high as $300.for the pair. Whats the thoughts on this and thanks

Probably no difference in quality
I'm sure there are not "dozens" of suppliers so the wide range of prices probably depends on how "deep" a supplier believes he (they) can take you for
I certainly do not know Steve...
Shop around and ensure the supplier has a return policy

I agree with super-bee_ski. I bought two NOS latches late 80's early 90's about $90 each. They were ok but not great. The Repo's might be nicer?

Thanks. Maybe I will go with Classic and take a chance. I had done some buisness with HydroTop in Florida and they have great service. Might call them and ask them were they get there latches. I don't want garbage either.

I bought a pair of repros dirt cheap, only difference was cheaper screws and hooks, so i re-used the old screws and hooks and looks great. Besides that i hate anything repro, been burnt on a repro 69 22" 130 fan shroud, wrong c to c screw holes,bought an original off fleabay. 68 Coronet headlight bezel fasteners, wrong size screw and anchor ,ended buying used originals from Tx. again Ebay to the rescue! No more repro for my vert ,just good used from now on! Should start an 'I hate repro ****' topic.

I bought the latches last year off of YearOne, for about 70$ a pair.

Auto Transport Service
Back