• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project Code Name

nstyle73

Local time
10:37 AM
Reaction score
I don't want to get ahead of myself here, but some substantial steps have taken place despite the project not getting into full swing for another year (shop and lift completion time frame). So, every cool car or project needs a code name. Several cool ones on the site. What would you call a Challenger Yellow Jacket infused black and yellow Super Bee?

Well, since you're going to be spending every minute you can with it, all the "extra" money you have, and all the money the Mrs. doesn't know about, it's obvious---
"The Mistress"

I find that the "code name" for the project usually arrives during the process of building the car . . . One person called my car "the mad scientist build" . . .

and the name stuck . . .

Others are arrived by a comment made by their kids, friends, wife, etc . . . That car . . . . . . . . . . and the code name is "born" . . .

What are you doing to the car? Late model hemi swap?

What are you doing to the car? Late model hemi swap?

Well . . . I've got pieces from a bunch of cars, and a lot of custom made stuff . . .

2005 Dodge Magnum 5.7L Hemi
2012 Challenger 6-speed
2012 Challenger tunnel hump
2014 Challenger Interior bucket and rear seats . . .
Magnum Force front suspension
Narrowed rear end housing
US Car Tools frame connectors, spring relocation, lower core support . . .

Thus . . .the "mad scientist" build name . . . and it fits . . .

Ok, I will admit when I was much younger & single, my friends would call my car the "Drought Maker" which stemmed from me putting all of my disposable income into the car and not going with them to the "gentlemen's clubs" and making it rain occasionally. ;)

Again I don't want to get too far ahead as I know projects evolve and change over the course, but Gen III hemi, manual trans, coil overs with a aftermarket K-frame, and updated interior. Several of these important components have been procured as I shop on a budget so thus far everything has been purchased or traded for as it came available. Almost three years, but the aftermarket for the swap has grown considerably in that time. I will throw a teaser pic out after Christmas

I thought about calling my Charger the Raped Ape. Cause it's gonna run like a raped ape.

That is more along the lines I am thinking. I guess project name and car name are different. Stinger, King Bee, even just "yellowjacket" have crossed my mind, but seem too obvious. I have a beater we call El Dirte, as in Joe Dirte'.

That is more along the lines I am thinking. I guess project name and car name are different. Stinger, King Bee, even just "yellowjacket" have crossed my mind, but seem too obvious. I have a beater we call El Dirte, as in Joe Dirte'.
How about..." I BEE Broke" You will be at times..........................MO

I'd go with "KILLER BEE", cause that's what your wife will do to you when she finds out how much you've spent on it.
I call my 69 RR and 70 Super Bee the "birds and the bees" because I felt screwed on how much it cost to restore them.

I also like Killer Bee! Based on how my GTX behaves with the 5.7/5 speed auto, AND a ride I had in a 70 Challenger with a 5.7/tremec 6 speed, that name will be very appropriate. The Challenger had a stock suspension and that ride really scared the **** out of me as we ran thru 120mph with TWO gears to go! Absolutely need to do something with your suspension!

"The Wasp" {?}
{play on Bee or Hornet, IMO anything Bee seems like it's suggest a Super Bee}

My 68 RR is the B_I_T_C_H, {as in the other}
my old GF said, she always kidding around that I was under her
& spending more money or time on under/in her/the car...

Last edited:
I like "The Wasp", Killer Bee and a bit off topic, Malicious or Vicious. But it seems like it should be black if I went with the latter two, but that is what the engine currently sounds like. I have a video, but still cutting my teeth on this Apple editing software so might be a bit.

Auto Transport Service
Back