• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Proud new owner of Uncle's '69 GTX!!

Wow. Great story. Congrats. Welcome.

Thanks for the great story, that is a Diamond in the rough! Love to see survivor cars. Good luck.

Maybe in the final analysis a car is just a bunch of of metal, rubber and glass.
Others that were looking at it may have only considered the green.
I think the best part is that it means something to you.
Rather than someone that doesn't know beans about it's story, or care.
I suspect your uncle is happy.

Last edited:
cool story and great car,give a thorough cleaning inside and out,new carpet,clean under side to see what you have,tune your eng and ride and enjoy it. clean your fuel system.welcome

When I received my late sister's F250 from the farm in Arkansas, I had to wash half of Arkansas from under the truck.
The other half of Arkansas was in the cab.

Would Hemi 'cuda's have been in the dealers in May of '69 ?!?!? New models don't usually hit till September.

Welcome aboard! What a wonderful heirloom! Looking forward to seeing your pics!

Cool story & background...

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal

good luck with Uncle Lennie's 69 GTX,
sounds like it's in the right hands...

Welcome! Nice story! Looks like it will clean up nicely. I agree with a previous comment that I would have the underside/rust looked at, and I would also have the breaks and suspension checked as well. Might cost a little to get it whipped back into shape, but after that it looks like you will have it around to enjoy for a long time!

Welcome aboard, great story and glad you that were able to keep it in your family. Makes every dollar you spent worth it. :thumbsup:
Love the rear license plate frame.

Last edited:
Cool car, take good car of it.

Auto Transport Service
Back