• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Qa1 Kmember

Pool Fixer

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:08 AM
Reaction score
68 Charger
After 10 years of it sitting collecting dust, My Qa1 kmember is going to be installed. all of the front suspension components as well. I'm not going coil over- retaining stock config but all new and in some cases upgraded parts.

-FF tubular UCA's
-Qa1 tubular LCA's
-Idler
-Pitman
-Inner tie rod ends
-outer tie rod ends
-FF adjustable strut rods
-new 1" torsion bars

I have a B body hellwig antisway bar on the stock K now. While the new LCA's have the mounts for the end links, it looks like the mounting points for the bar on the neww K member won't work. The way the b body bar is bent, the existing k member mounts are almost dead even with the front k member bolts. new K member has those mounts set back further.

I've read that an E body bar works. Looking for a recommendation/part number for a bar that will fit. I looked on youtube and the web and a lot of people who put this kmember in go full balls coil overs. I don't see many installs where they use this K and retain the torsion bars. car is a cruiser so i don't need some super canyon carving bar...

I think the 70-72 B, and 70-74 E body sway bars are the same.

All my new parts are 8-9 years old but I basically put together what qa1 now calls the Level 1 kit. I see the sway bar they list for it in the parts breakdown is #52860 so I ordered that one.

IMG_1076.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back