• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Race fuel - What's best.

Cal trac tech told me (with a footbrake) to set the cal trac 9 way Adj REAR shocks on FULL.STIFF which is the "9" setting.... I have done that and the car launches perfectly. I have a 5000 converter and I launch at 3000 off the foot brake. The cal trac tech told me to launch at the highest RPM that I can.

Cal trac tech told me (with a footbrake) to set the cal trac 9 way Adj shocks on FULL.STIFF which is the "9" setting.... I have done that and the car launches perfectly. I have a 5000 converter and I launch at 3000 off the foot brake. The cal trac tech told me to launch at the highest RPM that I can.

Thanks for the info Mike! You must see a pretty good flash by Launching like that.

The tach goes to 5000 rpm in an "instant" upon launch...then the car hooks and the tach drops back to about 4000rpm and then starts "pulling" up to my shift point of 6200.

With the dyno tests earlier this week and that leaking rear main seal the headers really took a beating with the oil getting thrown around and baked on. Many runs up past 6700.
Got to say that the TTI headers with the ceramic coating are excellent. With some elbow grease and a metal polish they cleaned up well! It was a good choice to go with TTI.
Regarding the rear main seal, a new one is in place and some mods to the seal retainer were made. I expect to have a fix. One thing that I did different was install the seal ends at 6 and 12 oclock. When dropping the retainer over this way it tells you where the retainer needs to be.

View attachment 395063
you guys engines are hotter than mine, as mine is a street car too. I had trouble w/ the rear main seal on my girdled 505 . I ended up machining the overhang on the girdle off, "where it traps oil in front of the main seal cap", when fixing it the last time. oil runs down and just puddles there, in front of the cap, any blow by at all and ur leaking . you guys are probly running evac tubes, but a big part of the fix w/ me was a pcv system till I got it broke in. --10.3comp., 624 lift solid roller, raised port heads- flow 352 @.600, but don`t go up much from there. 727, 3500 conv., 3:73 dana 60, caltracs. aftermarket front end. hoping for 3000 lbs.

you guys engines are hotter than mine, as mine is a street car too. I had trouble w/ the rear main seal on my girdled 505 . I ended up machining the overhang on the girdle off, "where it traps oil in front of the main seal cap", when fixing it the last time. oil runs down and just puddles there, in front of the cap, any blow by at all and ur leaking . you guys are probly running evac tubes, but a big part of the fix w/ me was a pcv system till I got it broke in. --10.3comp., 624 lift solid roller, raised port heads- flow 352 @.600, but don`t go up much from there. 727, 3500 conv., 3:73 dana 60, caltracs. aftermarket front end. hoping for 3000 lbs.

When looking at the girdle it does cover over the #5 cap while not securing it. It could trap oil laying on the ledge. That girdle area may also shield the retainer area from oil splash to some degree as well. Will be thinking more about it that's for sure.. Bob what brand of heads were you running to get those numbers.

When looking at the girdle it does cover over the #5 cap while not securing it. It could trap oil laying on the ledge. That girdle area may also shield the retainer area from oil splash to some degree as well. Will be thinking more about it that's for sure.. Bob what brand of heads were you running to get those numbers.
---------------------------
victor knock offs, raised port cnc`d standard port. max wedge port is not worth the effort on street car heads. the intake, diff. animal tho.

Auto Transport Service
Back