• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rare Mopar big block valve covers

as ive stated already,i think you guys should check with m/t and see if theres records cause those look like scat pack covers.
wouldnt hurt to actually ask them yanno?

last time something like this came up,everyone guessed at it,and i was correct about it being a part of the rts caravan.

m/t made hemi covers too . i've never seen this bee on them . you would think that the elephant engine would have got this emblem too . and if some pulled a pattern from a m/t cover then added that bee to the mold . they should be smaller due to shrinkage after cooling out . so i ask again has any body tried them on a head ? i say this because i was a purchaser of a set of early hemi cast rocker covers . yes they were recasts , and yes to small for the heads . would have been great wall covers . but my temper got to them first , and hanging pieces on the wall just is not the same , lol .

I've seen at least one set with the "R/T" emblem where the M/T should have been.

as ive stated already,i think you guys should check with m/t and see if theres records cause those look like scat pack covers.
wouldnt hurt to actually ask them yanno?

last time something like this came up,everyone guessed at it,and i was correct about it being a part of the rts caravan.

Per post #20, the cast in part numbers are the same. I would think that if they were made as a specialty item for Mopar or anybody else that they would have a different number...

Well I found out some history on these M/T valve covers. M/T made them back in the 70's and they were for Scat Pack Cars, but by the time they were finished Mopar quit the scat pack. They are prototype and they made them for BB SB sae a pair for SB at Mopar Nats.
Vender said that Mopar Action did an article on this subject.

well that puts a story behind them . their history of a venture gone a rye by a major hipo equipment maker that didn't do there home work ? if so that article and covers together on the wall for ever . wonder were the small block one got too ? you wound think there would be a reg mark by the scatt bee . that chrysler said use are scatt bee , or not . wonder if that letter is some where ?

Auto Transport Service
Back