• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ready to go racing!

malex

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:09 PM
Reaction score
Well it looks like the old Plymouth is finally ready to start making some passes and just waiting for the track to open. The finishing touches today included new jetting and metering rods on the 750 eddies, a full set of double acting QA-1 shocks and a wheel change up to sum up the vintage look. A thanks to members here that helped along the way with advise!

IMG_1082.JPG

Have to drop the rear hangers to get the rear wheels off, saves prying them out between the wheel lips and rotors.

IMG_1092.JPG

Double acting shocks, chose to have the knobs pointing outward to eliminate risk of them possibly catching the bump stop brace. Lots of fine tuning ahead.

IMG_1088.JPG

Vintage Torque Thrust wheels sure aren't the lightest rim out there but the look makes up for the additional lbs.

IMG_4027.JPG

Eddies off for a different jet / metering rod combo - courtesy of Superstock and DVW. Thank you.

IMG_1095.JPG

Side shot with the new wheels.

And a walk around vid with the iphone.

Outfreakenstanding, it sounds freakenbadassery :thumbsup:

congrats & good luck

Love it . Awesome build, very meticulous and clean. Just the way I build my cars.... What are the comp cams boxes on the sides of the intake ?

Awesome looking. Good luck at the track! Let us know how the fuel tank mods work out. I have a 65 Coronet and my want to do something along that line someday.

Love it . Awesome build, very meticulous and clean. Just the way I build my cars.... What are the comp cams boxes on the sides of the intake ?
Thanks for the compliment BEE. Those are burst valves. These big old intakes like to pool fuel and backfire, sometimes damaging the intake. I've had My share of backfires as well. Although, since locking out the distributor when on the dyno it's been 100%.

Awesome looking. Good luck at the track! Let us know how the fuel tank mods work out. I have a 65 Coronet and my want to do something along that line someday.
I plan on having 5 gallons in it per run. I'm not expecting any problems but have an interior fuel pressure gauge and I'll be keeping an eye on it.
Now if I was to scrape the tank sump on the track on launch that wouldn't be all that bad neither.. :)

Wow , great looking car .
I run my 68 sumped like that . Start day at 10 gallons .
I think you may be a little faster though
Tex

Looks great. I'll bet it runs good. I let the air out of the rear tires before I remove them. They fold out of the way.
Doug

Wow , great looking car .
I run my 68 sumped like that . Start day at 10 gallons .
I think you may be a little faster though
Tex
Thanks Tex. Riverdawg will like your info on the sump, he was wondering. Mike Gaines had mentioned that each run he makes he has the same amount of fuel in his car. Makes sense and I plan on doing the same.

Looks great. I'll bet it runs good. I let the air out of the rear tires before I remove them. They fold out of the way.
Doug
Thanks for the compliment Doug! There's just something about those 2 Dr Sedans you know.. Funny, a guy gets used to just dropping the hangers when pulling the rear tires off. Letting the air out does allow them to come out though. Now if only I can remember to do that.. I think that once I get things dialed in it should run well and thanks for your help along the way. Much appreciated. BTW, 63lbs - each rear tire assy.

Auto Transport Service
Back