• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Red orange yellow and black plug name?

pjm8047

Local time
2:02 AM
Reaction score
is there a name for the different color harness plugs under the dash that are used for different accessories? I used the orange and yellow ones to add a voltmeter to my dash. Works great

Red Mold is battery feed, always on. Yellow Mold is accessory mold, on with key. Orange Mold is dash lights, on with light switch, Black mold is part of the door light switch for dome light, the grounded side of the circuit.

I know what there used for just wanna know if they have a name. Looking to buy a yellow one.

Those are the names, all the schematics I have seen just show them as red, yellow, or orange Mold.

If you are wanting to know what type it is, its a female 3 position molded bullet plug.

I don't know of a source to purchase one of those, however, you might contact M&H electric, they are the company that makes the MOPAR reproduction wire harnesses, they may be able to help, but I don't believe they sell individual parts.

terminals are tipically called BULLET KIND... altough modern bullet kind terminals are kinda diff from those old ones. I think they fit though.

The mold is the rubber mold itself... is MOLDED

terminals are tipically called BULLET KIND... altough modern bullet kind terminals are kinda diff from those old ones. I think they fit though.

The mold is the rubber mold itself... is MOLDED
I used the blue bullet terminal just had to use a small screwdriver to spread the terminal open a little for it to stay in the mold

The blue bullet terminal you mean due the plastic cover? those color codes ( red, blue and yellow ) are related to the gauge wire they fit but they are the same.

As far I recall red is for 18-20 gauge, red for 14-16 gauge and yellow are for 10-12 gauge wires

Auto Transport Service
Back