• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Removing the Front brake assembly from the hub

tstrohl

Local time
8:04 PM
Reaction score
I have a 1965 Satellite. I am wanting to remove my front brake assembly from the hub, It appears it is held in place by four bolts. I removed all four bolts, but the brake assembly is not budging. Not sure if I'm missing a hidden bolt or the brake assembly is just frozen to the hub.

Any advice is welcome.

I had the same problem - one side came off with a bit of light tapping, the other side was frozen solid and I ended up getting a local garage to use a big puller to separate them. Just old age holding them together.
20170811_093616.jpg

Try a little heat. Use a block of wood and a medium size .

I agree with Frank Mopar, let them soak. Heat isn't necessary. After soaking, use a soft face dead blow hammer and knock them apart. That's just 50 plus years of grime and gunk holding them together.

My thanks to all replies. As always, the folks on this board have seen it before and the shared wisdom of experience is incomparable.

Auto Transport Service
Back