• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replacement 22" Radiator options 71 Satellite

Tori

Local time
1:07 PM
Reaction score
Need to replace the 22" radiator in my '71, 318 Satty. It currently has a 3574658 Mopar radiator which fits and looks factory, however that number crosses to an A body car. (and it's just a little more narrow than the B body 22" radiator. (bought the proper 22" B body shroud and it's too wide)

I'm wanting to replace it with a simple, normal, stock radiator. I'm concerned that if i buy the proper radiator for my B body, that it won't fit like this A body that is in it.

Carquest/O'reilly/Advance show a 43-6006 Vista Pro radiator for the B body car, but its specs show it to be 26"
If i look up one for the A body car, they show one that is 17" wide.

WTH ??? Don't know what to do. Fixing mine is not an option, radiator guy said it's not in good enough shape.

Bob at Glen Ray radiators. Pricey, YES, but worth every penny

AC4.jpg

Ended up finding another nearly identical to what i had in there. Murray # 433511 $165. From O'reilly Autoparts. It is a Brass radiator !
Bolted up within 99% of the original, (had to bend the bottom of one side bracket about 1/4" outward to meet the bolt hole but it fits and looks correct. I didn't want a flashy aluminum radiator. It is supposed to come with a flange for the shroud, but didn't. I'll deal with that once i find a shroud.
FullSizeRender(4).jpg
FullSizeRender(3).jpg

I have a similar one the previous owner gave me for my '72 SSP. The radiator tag has the numbers 486 03 on one line. The second line has 433511. The third line "Made in Mexico". The 22" shroud I purchased from one of the repro suppliers kind of fits, but at the top it does not follow the radiator tank scallops and there is a gap there. Some day I might have a custom shroud made. (I purchased original metal shroud brackets (used) online, so I know the brackets are correct. The other problem I had was I can't mount the bracket for the repro factory style overflow bottle and bracket I purchased, things just won't line up there fastener wise.

Auto Transport Service
Back