• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replacing rear crossmember 70 RR

MGKelly

Local time
10:31 AM
Reaction score
Hello, I need to replace both the rear crossmember and rear quarter panels on my 70 RR, which should I replace first or does it matter? thanks, Joe

870-1468_800.jpg

replace the rear tie bar first to keep the strength and trueness of the rails.
im goin through the same thing.
one piece trunk floor came yesterday.

What gtx says makes sense if your talking about the trunk cross member that goes in between the frame rails underneath the trunk floor.

IF when you say crossmember you mean the bottom half of the "tail panel" (like in your picture), then my gut instinct would be to do them at the exact same time.

And I don't mean to hijack.... but where can I buy this bottom half of the tail panel? (like in your picture) I need one too, just the piece shown in your picture.

Hello, I need to replace both the rear crossmember and rear quarter panels on my 70 RR, which should I replace first or does it matter? thanks, Joe

View attachment 437871

870-1468_800-jpg.jpg

I got mine from AMD for a 70 RR - part attached in image:

rear_crossmember.jpg

What gtx says makes sense if your talking about the trunk cross member that goes in between the frame rails underneath the trunk floor.

IF when you say crossmember you mean the bottom half of the "tail panel" (like in your picture), then my gut instinct would be to do them at the exact same time.

And I don't mean to hijack.... but where can I buy this bottom half of the tail panel? (like in your picture) I need one too, just the piece shown in your picture.

Auto Transport Service
Back