• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restoring a 70 bee

DaneBisel

Local time
4:55 PM
Reaction score
my 70 bee is going to paint in 2 weeks! It's been a long but enjoyable road.

IMG_0320.JPG IMG_1395.JPG IMG_1403.JPG IMG_0124.JPG

Nice! Looks great! Keep the pics coming.

It spent most of its life as a drag car. That fortunately saved a lot of the panels. It is not going to be a concourse car when it's done. I'm going to build it to drive. I will put a black vinyl top on it which it didn't have. The original engine is long gone so I plan to have fun building one for it. I have a 70 standard bore 440 block. Probably going for a .540 cam. I lizard skinned the inside of the doors, underside of the roof, firewall and floors (not the trunk) with both ceramic coating and sound deadener. I will add hushmat after paint. I thought long and hard about the underside. I decided to blast and spray the tintable raptor liner on the underside for durability and ease of cleaning. A lot of diehard restoration guys will give me hell over it but bottom line is that it is mine and I intend to drive it! ill post a shot of the underside when I can get it to load. All bolt holes were sealed prior to shooting and all old seam dealer was removed and replaced prior to applying. Torsion bars and k member were removed... gas tank was out. I did it as right as I could

IMG_0351.PNG

Dash is done... ready to install Also. I have a 18 spline transmission for it as well.

IMG_2498.JPG IMG_1325.JPG

Factory A/C, 4 speed car?

That's cool.

I had an FY1 factory A/C, auto, 3.55 SG car.

I hear that's kinda rare.

Car is originally an auto car but has been changed to 4 speed. I'm restoring it to be my dream car!!

YY1.... that's what this is. Pretty rare! Maybe this is your old car!

Did you buy it from FL?

Mine had a bench seat (recovered with a A body cover), factory hood pins, and a tail stripe.

No but the guy I bought it from did. Same options but very hacked up.. cut up floor, cut up hood, welded up all the opening in the firewall, racing buckets. The headliner was still original and has one mouse hole above the drivers fender. This is a St. Louis car.

Does the headliner have a small place near the center where the stitching has come out?
That was my girlfriends um, excitement moment, if you get my drift.

Also had one of the hood "Super Bee" emblems pressed into the passenger's side of the dash pad.
Kind of looked like it was supposed to be there.

Does it have the correct driver's door? Mine had a 70 Satellite door on it, but I included the full of bondo original door in the sale, along with a red Coronet 500 driver's side quarter panel.

it has the correct drivers side door. Lol. Damn. I would have loved some more history on it.

All holes had steel plates welded around the hole openings and were filled with fiberglass. A lot of welding and patching to get it back to this....

IMG_0130.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back