• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

reveal molding tool

rich hourigan

Local time
5:08 PM
Reaction score
restoring my 67 gtx and would like to get reveal moldings off without damaging them, does anyone know where i can get a tool for this purpose? anyone have a picture of this tool? any help would be appreciated.... Rich

There is probably a better one out there but you can pick this up at pretty much any parts store

IMG_0087.JPG

I don't know that there is a perfect tool for it.
The one pictured, I've tried and think a little grinding would help it.
I've fabricated my own "hooks" with putty knives that work good but have a short lifespan.
Now, I have not done a lot of B bodies.
But my experience with a 67 Charger tells me that while Chrysler made provisions for the stainless to come off for a windshield change, they never planned for the back glass to be taken out.
In other words the front clips have a curve formed into them that you can get a tool on.
(Almost anyway).
However the back glass clips not only do not have the curve, I think there is very little if any room in the body between the rubber and body to work with.
May the force be with you.

Here's the one that was recommended to me for my 67 belvedere . . . and it worked great . . .

116216-90c6b697b4347bf44265556067215043.jpg

thanks guys, conv67bdere do you know where i can buy one ? onlyone you have officialy scared me...lol

The old fashion church key(aka bottle opener) is the best tool.jut use a rag between the moulding and the tool.

hey pushrod that works well for the other moldings, i dont know what they are called and thats exactly what i use but i want to remove the moldings from around the windshield

Hey Rich,
My bad. Patience is your friend when doing the windshield mouldings, regardless of the tool.

They all suck if someone has filled the gap with silicone and basically glued the damn things in place.

i just had a pro come out and remove my rear and front windows so i could finish some body work.was well worth the $60 i paid him.

Auto Transport Service
Back