• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RIMS AND TIRES QUESTION ?

relam

Local time
4:14 PM
Reaction score
No better place to ask this question than to the people who know whats best !
I am looking for opinions on new rims and tires for my 66 Charger. Stance is what I guess you call it. I want to go with traditional rims American Racing , Craiger etc. I would like to do the wide in the rear narrow ish in the front , but wanting to fill in that big wheel well space this style of car presents.

What say you all, want to do this right the first time, big investment.
023.JPG

Thanks
RELAM

If you are sticking with a 15 inch rim diameter then a 275-60-15 will tuck nicely into the rear of this car with the correct offset rim. The 28 inch diameter fills the space well and is plenty wide. Some guys have used the 295-50-15 which is wider still but much shorter. For the front, anything with a 26 inch or slightly taller size will look good, you can use a 75,70, 65 or 60 series to get the width and sidewall height for the look you are after.

Beautiful 66! Lets see more of that Beast! Took me a min to focus on the rims, lol....

Vintage 15" Slots would look nice

If you are sticking with a 15 inch rim diameter then a 275-60-15 will tuck nicely into the rear of this car with the correct offset rim. The 28 inch diameter fills the space well and is plenty wide. Some guys have used the 295-50-15 which is wider still but much shorter. For the front, anything with a 26 inch or slightly taller size will look good, you can use a 75,70, 65 or 60 series to get the width and sidewall height for the look you are after.
Great info Greg I will use that for sure TY !

Ok I will see what the Slots look like and options.
TY
I will send pics !

Beautiful ride! Agreed new rims are in order lol, that's the only thing hindering it's appearance right now. Those were big in the early 90s.

Look at U.S. Mags

They're making a good quality wheel that clone some popular styles. I have u202's which are torq thrust d/torque thrust II clones.

moparnation74 just sent a couple more pics, checking on the slotted rims.
Thanks again folks

Dieseldazzle
Are those 14" or 15" rims
Funny I just left tire store and we have those as an option

If you know somebody with a Photoshop type software, you can take some of the guesswork out of selecting new rims. I have an old scanner I bought years ago. The scanner software came with a free version of Adobe Photo Deluxe (2.0). It's not like today's Photoshop but it's good enough to get a picture of a rim and put them on a picture of a car. For best results, the picture of your car needs to be a good squared side shot but here's a real rough example I did quickly.
Slots.jpg

Hey thanks Shorthorse I like that !

I did find a supply house out here and they have what they call a configure software.
Exactly what you are mentioning

Wheel Pro's
It's pretty cool
Thanks !

Auto Transport Service
Back