• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RM23H1G180971

ch1ll

Local time
9:10 AM
Reaction score
A body guy here. Looking at a 71 Road Runner with the vin in the title. Can anyone tell me what I’m looking at?

Thank you.
So the H designates 340 that year?
What letter for 383 that year?

What other engines were available in a Road Runner that year?
Yes, H is for 340
N = 383
V = 440 6 pack
R = 426 Hemi

Fixed it

Last edited:
Check this link out or just google "71 Roadrunner options"

Plymouth RoadRunner - Year-by-Year: History, Engines, Production

There is a lot of repetition of the same common 'errors' and misunderstandings in that link. It could use some proofreading and fact checking for accuracy and clarification.

A more complete reference of options and pricing may be the actual factory books from 1971 in the Hamtramck Historical library.

The 1970 Hamtramck Registry - 1971 Plymouth Dealership Data Book - Cover & Intro

and

The 1970 Hamtramck Registry - 1971 Plymouth Salesman's Pocket Guide

plus

The 1970 Hamtramck Registry Library Page (1970 - 1974)

Thanks a million to all you guy, wish I had that kind of money.

This car is rough, engine and trans missing. Low option car from glance, hardly even a parts car. It’s at the salvage yard and they got it late Friday so it’s not inventoried yet. I’ll see it Tuesday, post pictures and price if pass on it.

There is a lot of repetition of the same common 'errors' and misunderstandings in that link. It could use some proofreading and fact checking for accuracy and clarification.

A more complete reference of options and pricing may be the actual factory books from 1971 in the Hamtramck Historical library.

The 1970 Hamtramck Registry - 1971 Plymouth Dealership Data Book - Cover & Intro

and

The 1970 Hamtramck Registry - 1971 Plymouth Salesman's Pocket Guide

plus

The 1970 Hamtramck Registry Library Page (1970 - 1974)
I was not endorsing that link in anyway, rather pointing out at most of the information needed to make a decision is already online many times over.

Another '71 340 RR for price comparison posted 3 hours ago:

Screenshot_20240316-223206~2.png

1971 Plymouth Roadrunner for sale by owner - Mesa, AZ - craigslist

Auto Transport Service
Back