• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Road course/auto cross tires on 15" rim

So my research isn't turning up much but is there much difference in construction of oval track tires vs road course ones?
Not sure. There’s gotta be compound and construction differences, but I can’t find anything either. With the whole Hoosier distributor/dealer system, it seems tire information and availability is limited. Like they want you to only deal with their distributors and sales reps.

I’m not a fan!

You guys don't like the Avons? I know they are pricey but seem to be a perfect all around tire.

You guys don't like the Avons? I know they are pricey but seem to be a perfect all around tire.
Not sure if I’m missing other sizes with Avon but everything I see is smaller in diameter. I’m at 26.5” tall and that’s about as small as I’d like to go.

What I'm using is-

245-60-15 front 26.7" tall

295-50-15 rear 26.7" tall

It's not that I don't like them. I'm just cheap. Cost vs benefit. At $500 a tire I gotta decide if it's worth it for my entertainment.

Auto Transport Service
Back