• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RV2 A/C Suction and discharge lines. What years?

weaz4200

Local time
1:20 PM
Reaction score
I'm curious what years used these 2 hoses/lines? I assume no repros are available? Any info is appreciated.

Thanks.

20171111_152326.jpg

I believe 73 and some 74's used those hoses.

When I did my upgrade to 134a during my restoration, I had Classic Auto Air in Tampa rebuild them, it was about 130 bucks each, but they were also upgrade for use with 134a. Here is what it looks like.
20140117_180845.jpg

I am missing all the AC stuff... Ultimately though I still need a set of those hoses..

So they used your original fittings... just restored and recrimped them on newer lines right?

That brings up a different question... can you use all the stock components to run 134a? Like the condensor,dryer,evap coil.... what has to happen to make them 134a compatible?

Yes, basically that is what they did was replace the rubber and put new crimps on the ends of the original connectors.

If you convert to 134a, you can use the original evaporator and condenser. Any rubber hoses need to be replaced with 134a compliant rubber as the molecule size is different for R12 and 134a, and will bleed off if you stay with the R12 stuff. The compressor should be rebuilt and have the oil changes to be compliant with 134a also. There is one metal hardline with a short section of fabric on it that needs to be replaced with rubber for 134a. Also the drier should be rebuilt or replaced, new ones are available.

So, if you are missing all the AC stuff, you may as well just get an aftermarket kit with all the hoses, compressor, and install that because its already setup for 134a. There are several places for the kits.

I am thinking about having CAA rebuild my original lines also. I have a 73 it has the muffler on it with the insulating sleeve. I think Chrysler dropped the muffler for 74 for some reason, cost maybe.

I am thinking about having CAA rebuild my original lines also. I have a 73 it has the muffler on it with the insulating sleeve. I think Chrysler dropped the muffler for 74 for some reason, cost maybe.

If the hoses are old the rubber is saturated with the old mineral oil and will typically keep the 134a in. I just replaces the shaft seal and o-rings and it has worked perfectly all summer with the original hoses.

Auto Transport Service
Back