• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

San Diego Antique Drags Saturday 4/29

67Satty

Local time
2:12 PM
Reaction score
It would be great to see some SoCal members come out to Barona 1/8 mile for the San Diego Antique Drags this Saturday. Here's shot of me and Mark from the last one: '68 440 Roadrunner vs. '67 440 Satellite.

bARONA-1.gif

The Satellite performed great at the Barona 1/8 mile today. Three runs in the 7.90s and it equaled its previous best time of 7.86 at 86.77 even though the DA with temps in the low 80s was much worse today than the time in the middle of the winter (with 60 degree temps) of its previous best time. So I think I'm getting the hang of the drag radials finally.

I was there and saw your car run! I wish my Coronet was ready for Saturday but I'm exchanging EFI systems right now, so its down for a week or two, just missed it.

Good times! Did you see that 68 Roadrunner(Bright green)? was running like 11's?

There actually was a pretty good Mopar turn out for once.

I saw the green Roadrunner in the pits but never saw it run. It looked pretty stock. I'm bummed I missed the Witch Doctor altered setting a new track record of 3.84 @ 184. I was loading up my car for home when it ran. Doh!

Hope to see you and your car out there soon.

Last edited:
Cool stuff thanks for sharing, sounds like your having fun too :thumbsup:

Did you notice the track kind of "going away" throughout the day? My buddy was running the 62' Comet at around 7.45 or so and as the day progressed his times got slower and slower.

So far my best up there was 8.4 at 84mph, 1.8 60ft. That was with a horribly adjusted carb and 4 speed manual(Shifts were easily 1 sec each). Hoping the EFi and John Cope Auto gets me into the 7's before I add nitrous.

Did you notice the track kind of "going away" throughout the day? My buddy was running the 62' Comet at around 7.45 or so and as the day progressed his times got slower and slower.

So far my best up there was 8.4 at 84mph, 1.8 60ft. That was with a horribly adjusted carb and 4 speed manual(Shifts were easily 1 sec each). Hoping the EFi and John Cope Auto gets me into the 7's before I add nitrous.

I've had that happen to me there in the past but not last weekend. My last run of the day at 2:30 p.m. was my second best - a 7.92 compared to my best - a 7.86 at noon. My 60 foot was around a 1.72 all day and didn't go in the toilet as the day went on like it usually does, not far off from my all time best 60 foot of 1.68.

Auto Transport Service
Back