• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SEMA crate hemi announcement

That's Mopar for ya! Finally come out with something sorely needed and price it to damn high!

If the ECM and wiring works on the older 5.7 (03) engines that price wouldn't be much more than the after market. And I would feel better knowing Ma-Mopar set it up than some after market company. I think I for one will be checking into it. 1800 ish for a plug and play system that includes everything would not be that far out of line.

It is when the ls **** is so cheap, even ferd crap is cheaper.

If the ECM and wiring works on the older 5.7 (03) engines that price wouldn't be much more than the after market. And I would feel better knowing Ma-Mopar set it up than some after market company. I think I for one will be checking into it. 1800 ish for a plug and play system that includes everything would not be that far out of line.
Unfortunately, MP is nothing more than a shell company buying and selling which leaves little there to support R&D and technical efforts. For all of you who think MP is 'ma mopar' , you should do some investigative homework. I found all this out back in the day trying to find out technical info on heat treat for the hemi blocks. If I'm buying EFI anything my money is going to the aftermarket company who controls all facets in house.

Last edited:
Don't hold your breath on any proposed delivery date. I know from experience selling the 2nd gen crate motors that in the 1st year, at a minimum, only those with connections will get them. They are clueless about putting out products that they advertise, as if you can get them, and don't give a rusty f*** about customer service.

Auto Transport Service
Back