• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Serpentine belts on a BB Mopar

One of the nice things about SD's stuff is the unit uses readily available replacement parts that can be sourced anywhere. Other than the billet brackets and pulleys, you can get that stuff even in podunk. Can't say that for the other companies.
This was another big reason for my decision to go with them.... I hate being limited on part availability.

I've since racked up thousands of miles on my SDC setup and love it. No issues with cooling, belt squeal or thrown belts. I will warn that it may not line up 100% due to minor differences in heads, water pump housings etc so you still need to take care in the install. Jerry at SDC is a great guy to deal with and if I find myself building another I'll be calling him again.

March works ok for my non stock builds.

Not my preference tho I like stock look

IMG_0051.JPG IMG_0095.JPG IMG_0096.JPG

I'm gonna order the CVF Racing "Beast". Gotta have ac where i live in the Central Valley.

I'm gonna order the CVF Racing "Beast". Gotta have ac where i live in the Central Valley.

Might have a Beast kit to sell, with 100 amp Alt and new Reman P/S pump in So Cal.

What I didn't like about that kit is it's 2 belts instead of 1 and requires tensioning vs a tensioner. Nice looking kit though.

747:
Do you have any pictures of the setup you went with? Part numbers maybe? I am looking to get an aftermarket HVAC setup for my 70 Charger and this would be the time to get everything started.

747:
Do you have any pictures of the setup you went with? Part numbers maybe? I am looking to get an aftermarket HVAC setup for my 70 Charger and this would be the time to get everything started.
The serpentine kit or the A/C unit?

Kern Dog, I went with Vintage, hidden hoses...

Hidden A/C lines? I like that. I'd be interested in doing something like that as well.

I didn't hide mine but just kept it nice and neat. Where I live under the fender installation isn't a great idea, needs to be easy to clean. This kit makes a clean installation easier having the A/C pump mounted where the lines need to be and keeps the engine free of clutter.

20170707_230537.jpg

I didn't hide mine but just kept it nice and neat. Where I live under the fender installation isn't a great idea, needs to be easy to clean.View attachment 444068
I agree. Plus, since the compressor lives under the hood there is no way to completely avoid A/C plumbing under the hood. Since I was going for a stock, non-A/C look, I sorta flopped my rubber lines with the heater hoses so it blends in a little bit. It won't fool a purist, but it is not obvious that the car has A/C...

IMG_4399.JPG

I didn't hide mine but just kept it nice and neat. Where I live under the fender installation isn't a great idea, needs to be easy to clean. This kit makes a clean installation easier having the A/C pump mounted where the lines need to be and keeps the engine free of clutter.

View attachment 444068
Clean....

I agree. Plus, since the compressor lives under the hood there is no way to completely avoid A/C plumbing under the hood. Since I was going for a stock, non-A/C look, I sorta flopped my rubber lines with the heater hoses so it blends in a little bit. It won't fool a purist, but it is not obvious that the car has A/C...

View attachment 444075
Where is your pump, low on the driver side? Looks great, I hate dirty messy engine compartment which yours is not.

Last edited:
Where's you pump, low on the driver side? Looks great, I hate dirty messy engine compartment which yours is not.

The compressor sits under the alternator - it is nice because it really is hard to see. The drawbacks are that (a) you cannot use a mechanical fuel pump because the compressor sits in the way (for me this didn't matter with the trunk mounted fuel pump), and (b) the compressor is driven off of one belt, so it has to be "tinkered with" to be quiet. But I love the overall package. For me, I wanted to have the engine compartment look as stock as reasonably possible, so the fuel injection is hidden too.

But they don't offer anything for ac! That is a must where I live, and maybe for others where they live.

View attachment 444068
Nice & clean looking set up :thumbsup:

But they don't offer anything for ac! That is a must where I live, and maybe for others where they live.
And some of us want the trouble free reliability of a serpentine belt. Just think of how often you touch a belt on any of your new cars compared to our classics.

Can't get a hold of SD Concepts via E-Mail, it is so hard for me to call anyone back East! I will keep trying.

Auto Transport Service
Back