• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shroud advice

Billccm

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:53 AM
Reaction score
My 68 Road Runner has a Champion aluminum radiator, or at least I think it is a Champion radiator by it's cap?

I run a tick under 195F all the time, so I'm not worried about overheating. In fact a infrared thermometer showed 189F on the upper hose and 135F on the lower hose, so things are good.

I'd still like a shroud. I see mounting holes on this radiator, but not sure what shroud would fit. I guess I can send an email to Champion radiator, but also wanted the experts here to chime in. Pictures attached. Thanks!

20170708_092643.jpg 20170708_092634.jpg 20170708_092629.jpg 20170708_092621.jpg

Measure distance from your mounting holes and that should be in the ball park of what you need. Don't know for sure if it is a Champion or not but that would be a start. See if they have one and if not, look for a universal one as 67belvedere suggest

Whether you got a 22 or 26, I'd just get a factory repro and mount/fab It onto what you got.

I sent champion radiator a email. I'll update if I get a reply.

Champion radiator 26" in 67 charger I used a repop plastic stock shroud For 67 charger fit good

Take a look at the spacing of the mounts that hold the shroud. We have used champion radiators in the past and always went with a 70' B body shroud. There is one in my fathers 67 Coronet RT right now,

Auto Transport Service
Back