• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sleeves ?

Monkeymaster

Local time
12:15 PM
Reaction score
1966 Dodge Charger
Moog front end rebuild kit.
Strut rod bushings - there was no new sleeves in the box with the bushings. None in kit.
Looked around online, can't find anyone selling these ? Not even in the rebuild kit pictures, but
I see energy suspension shows them with their poly bushings ?
Anyone have any ideas ?
Thanks in advance !

I ordered some from Prothane and they came with the sleeves. When I went to put them on I discovered that the ends where the sleeves go were smushed and one strut rod had a slight bend. I ended up picking up a set of QA1 dynamic strut rods and can't use the Prothane bushings. If your interested let me know.
see them here http://www.prothanesuspensionparts.com/41202

Well maybe those won't work for you, you might need 41207.

Per Mancini when I ordered strut rods and bushings, MOOG bushings don't require the sleeve, I didn't like that I ended up going with qa1's.

Called Moog,
The K7016A is "original" part, no sleeve.
Gentleman on other end said old sleeve was to be reused.
I stated old sleeve was rather corroded and rusty and would like to buy a set of new sleeves, he stated they do not sell the sleeves.
However, Moog does sell and upgrade K7026, that does come with the new sleeves, and the cup washers are "installed" on the bushings.
?????
So I asked, why originals are not packaged with sleeves, or why they don't sell sleeves, since they provide them with the upgrade number, and he had no answer.
?????
I guess if the world were perfect I would not be having to deal with such a simple task of finding un corroded sleeves for my toy.
Anyone have any ideas ?

Called Moog,
I stated old sleeve was rather corroded and rusty and would like to buy a set of new sleeves, he stated they do not sell the sleeves.
However, Moog does sell and upgrade K7026, that does come with the new sleeves, and the cup washers are "installed" on the bushings.
?????
So I asked, why originals are not packaged with sleeves, or why they don't sell sleeves, since they provide them with the upgrade number, and he had no answer.
?????
I guess if the world were perfect I would not be having to deal with such a simple task of finding un corroded sleeves for my toy.
Anyone have any ideas ?
I have a set of poly strut rod bushings with sleeves, if you want them send me a message for price.

Called Moog,
?????
?????
Anyone have any ideas ?
I'd search the internet for a local place that manufactures or supplies pipes, or an engineering company with lathes etc. My bushes came with sleeves (PST poly) but the Mancini Racing strut rods were too long with the new bushes. I'd read about people cutting down the bushes but instead I got a local guy to turn down 32mm off each rod for $20 each. It's amazing what trades and skills are out in the industrial areas behind anonymous roller doors.
20170807_172503.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back