• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Slip yoke for 545rfe

69_ply

Local time
1:16 AM
Reaction score
For those that have swapped in a 545 what are you using for a slip yoke/drive shaft?
The Dana i have is set up for a 1350 U joint and would like them to match front and rear.
Does anyone make an aftermarket slip yoke for the 545rfe?

Not that I'm aware of.

I used a NAG1 to an 8 3/4 (489 case). I had a local driveline guy make a slip yoke and a drive shaft for me. He charged me $275! We had to remove the rubber dampener at the back of the transmission and turn a new plate from aluminum to create a mount for the slip yoke. Pretty easy really.

For those that have swapped in a 545 what are you using for a slip yoke/drive shaft?
The Dana i have is set up for a 1350 U joint and would like them to match front and rear.
Does anyone make an aftermarket slip yoke for the 545rfe?

From my reading a 727 slip yolk will work so yes you can get them aftermarket

Kevin, they are a tad different, but as you said, will work.

I had read a 727 yoke would fit, but as 5.7 said they are slightly different and may cause a vibration (not willing to take a chance on that)
5.7 did you start with a yoke and have a shaft built or did you have a truck shaft modified?
I have no one local i would trust to build a shaft, may have to order one from somewhere.

I got my yoke from a dealer back east (super cheap) and my buddy runs a drive line service, he told me what/how to measure, and he built it for me. I think the yoke is rather large, might be a 1350 already, but don't quote me.

5.7 do you remember what dealer did you get it from? I bought the 1330 u joint one but my current shaft is 1350. I could use a 1350/1330 u joint but the 1350 only has about 200 miles on it. Not sure about a vibration but the 727 the spline are flush with the end, on the 545 there is a shaft of sorts before the splines. They are both 29/30 spline

The 545rfe trans can use the same yoke as a 727. You can call my buddy Mike @ Fresno Driveline. I'll pm you with the number.

5.7 do you remember what dealer did you get it from? I bought the 1330 u joint one but my current shaft is 1350. I could use a 1350/1330 u joint but the 1350 only has about 200 miles on it. Not sure about a vibration but the 727 the spline are flush with the end, on the 545 there is a shaft of sorts before the splines. They are both 29/30 spline
I believe you can put 1330 cups on a 1350 u-joint. The part where needle bearings ride are the same size, just the O.D. of cups are different. A little google search can confirm this. Had a 7290 drive shaft bought and had 1330 yoke on rear bought the two joint and switched cups. Maybe someone else can confirm this? I did some google searches, Think it would take more time than I thought. If you have a good parts place they might have a book with all the dimensions, that's what I did. He let me take the book home overnight.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back