• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spark plug wires (that fit)

I'm done buying pre made wires, never a perfect fit. I like Taylor wires and buy the 90 degree wires and crimp my own ends on. Not sure why everybody mixes angles, maybe different manifolds/headers? I can easily use 90's on every plug with no issues. Like everybody is saying the proper crimper is the key, mine makes a factory looking crimp everytime. A can of silicone lubricant is a huge help getting the boots on too.

I just replaced my cables with Pertronix "Stock Look". Plain black, 7mm to fit in all the stock looms, spiral core and silicone jacket. Came with all 90 degree terminals which worked fine. I had a set of date coded "factory" cables before but they were so tight I couldn't remove the distributor cap. The new cables are a little longer but work fine for me.

I'm trying to figure out their order options also. What's the difference between "pro fit" and "stock"? Are the "pro fit" for header applications?
Did you ever make a decision? I got my Summit Racing refund (just now-takes 13 calendar days). Firecore seems like the recommended choice, but nobody is home there? No email reply's, voicemail is all I get on the phone, and I'm a little gun shy ordering from a company that ignores me totally.

Man I miss the good ol'days when your only choice for spark plug wires were OEM, Blue Streak, or Accel.

Maybe busy at Carlisle?

When I placed my order at firecore didn't take more than a week or week and a half to close it. It was a custom order since 73 and lates BB got diff lenghts than earliers and they didn't have them listed. I measured a NOS set and gave the measurings to match the stock lenghts.

Did you ever make a decision? I got my Summit Racing refund (just now-takes 13 calendar days). Firecore seems like the recommended choice, but nobody is home there? No email reply's, voicemail is all I get on the phone, and I'm a little gun shy ordering from a company that ignores me totally.

Man I miss the good ol'days when your only choice for spark plug wires were OEM, Blue Streak, or Accel.

Working on other things at the moment and haven't tried to order them yet.

I'm calling Firecore again this morning. I'll let you know what I find out.

Well I finally got someone to answer the phone. The connection was dropping out and he sounded like he was out of breath after running 5 miles. He asked a few questions and said sounds like a custom set; I'll call you back in a few hours. Progress!

"Firecore Rick" just called me. He said to text photos of what I have and he will call me back tomorrow. He is thinking I need the 7mm custom set, but will discuss tomorrow morning. MORE PROGRESS!

So...........what is recommended for the driver mopar; 50, or 250???

I received my Firecore wires tonight. Great quality, and almost perfect fit. I say almost as the number 8 wire is about 4 inches too long. Otherwise, it is a quality product and I am happy. The positive 'snap' of the connector feels right!

One problem that is a bit of a disappointment. I texted photos of my coil, coil wire, and even said I need a male on the coil and female on the distributor, and a little over 9.5 inches long. I received a coil wire that is female both ends at 9 inches. Texted Firecore Rick (and he has the text thread as evidence). He apologized and said to email him the problem.

So, I fired up the car with the old MSD coil wire. It is an improvement. Definitely faster start up, idle is about the same. I'll drive it tomorrow and report back.

I received my Firecore wires tonight. Great quality, and almost perfect fit. I say almost as the number 8 wire is about 4 inches too long. Otherwise, it is a quality product and I am happy. The positive 'snap' of the connector feels right!

One problem that is a bit of a disappointment. I texted photos of my coil, coil wire, and even said I need a male on the coil and female on the distributor, and a little over 9.5 inches long. I received a coil wire that is female both ends at 9 inches. Texted Firecore Rick (and he has the text thread as evidence). He apologized and said to email him the problem.

So, I fired up the car with the old MSD coil wire. It is an improvement. Definitely faster start up, idle is about the same. I'll drive it tomorrow and report back.
Depending on your engine and year, 383's and 440's the number 8 wire runs on top of the valve cover to the back.

E3 makes spark plug wires now, don't know anything about them.

Billccm that's because they 'may' crossfire over to each other, usually older wires are more likely to do it.

Plus they usually have to be touching each other.

Firecore Rick just emailed me a FEDEX tracking. He keeps his word. Replacement coil wire on it's way.

Auto Transport Service
Back