• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speedcooling ECP radiator

Well i know you have done the basics, coolant check the water pump the flow and checked to make sure the gauge was correct. If you have a straight fan say 7 blades and find a electric one that engages at say 195 temp with a 180 t stat then see what it is doing. Read about the cfms that both fans put out. Also what is the cfms it puts out stock compare the new to the old and you will come up with what you will need. Having that great shroud won't hurt you. Next thought was your car always a a/c car. If i remember right they had a different water pump for a/c and a different pulley size for a/c. Again just a thought.

The Volvo 2 speed fan does something north of 4000 cfm on high, the dual Derale fans do 3750 cfm, the mechanical clutch fan “should” be doing 45-6000 cfm when fully engaged.

Flowkooler high flow water pump, Milodon high flow 180 tstat, 26 ECP radiator, Hayden 2947 HD fan clutch.

I have a Sanden 508 compressor, but it’s not working (still need to order a Vintage Air, Classic Auto Air, Restomod Air).

My concern is “WHEN” I have the ac on (working), the cooling isn’t gonna be there. I built my dads 505 for his 70’ Challenger RT, changed the compressor to a Sanden 508, his car is a factory ac car, mechanical clutch fan, runs all day at 200 with the ac on.

So I’m switching the fan clutch cause I could turn the fan easy peasy when I shut it off at 205*. Shouldn’t be able to that if the clutch was working properly.

I'm not so sure. The fan in my 2007 Ram still free-wheels after the commute home. Maybe I'm spinning it the wrong direction given the serpentine belt and reverse rotation water pump? Are clutch fans supposed to tighten up both directions ?

If it’s a reverse rotation fan, then it’ll tighten up, but at freeway speeds, it should only be turning 20-30% of water pump speed.

I'm not convinced it's fixed, so I'm keeping quiet. Wait 6 months and let me get 100 miles on the car and I'll update with a long story.

I'm not convinced it's fixed, so I'm keeping quiet. Wait 6 months and let me get 100 miles on the car and I'll update with a long story.
:praying:.... That is a lot of miles.... I did the math I don't think you have enough time off in the next 6 months to work on it enough to rack up 100 miles....

28b90x.jpg View attachment 594142

Auto Transport Service
Back