• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spring Fling Van Nuys, Ca. April 14-15,2018.

Dennis H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:54 AM
Reaction score
Dates confirmed. AirTel info forthcoming if available.

IMG_0667.jpg

Officially official on their website now.

IMG_0670.PNG
This is the best I can do so far for lodging at the Host hotel. 3 nights.

IMG_0748.jpg

Track day the 12th unconfirmed.

IMG_0763.PNG

Track day confirmed. Willow Springs.

IMG_0798.PNG

Paul from CPW called me. The link to the AirTel Host Hotel is established on their website with Code CP0412. $125 @ night. Best rate so far, I booked. Registration done also, on line. Used PayPal. $40. For both days. Take care of this soon due to availability.

Last edited:
That is a decent price compared to what I have seen prior.
I have only missed ONE spring show in the last 10 years. I am about 50/50 in the Fall. I am unsure of whether or not I will have my "Gilligan" this year...He seems to have lost much of his interest in cars. It sucks for me....I really enjoyed having a young guy to pass along what I have learned over these years.
GK 4.jpg

Tell him to be there this year. Your B I L. Beard, wife, and all. Good guy, we can help him adjust his Politics.

No mention of breakfast on the deal, Denny's is 2 blocks away, so is Beeps. Secure parking another $8 a night.

Beard? You do know that a "beard" is a slang term for a wife or girlfriend of a GAY man, right?
Example: Garson was gay but hid behind the beard...(Fake Wife/Girlfriend)
Jeff is not gay.
Jeff's new Bride is a female.
I am not gay, nor is my Wife.
To me, Gay is not a big deal as long as nobody tries to convert me or touch my pee pee. I like Women....It is a lifelong interest of mine.

...l am ignorant of this use of the term. Last time I saw your BIL, he had grown a beard. On his face.

Okay.
Strange tidbit....The woman that he married....has an adopted brother that looks a LOT like Jeff. Short in stature, similar build, same hair color, same beard...but is gay. It seems a little strange that she would marry someone that looks so similar.

Back on topic:
Jeff had mentioned before the idea of bringing his Wife to the next show. It would be nice to get more women involved in the hobby and at these shows.

IMG_0815.PNG

Staying in Lancaster, California on Wed nite April 11, 2018. This is close to Willow Springs for Track Day Thursday. FYI.

dang, track day looks fun. my 66 is not to that point yet.

im looking to get out there for the Saturday show. my gas gauge seems to be reliable now.

i was browsing some youtube and i see you and your barracuda buddy in a Mopar Track Day video about the 5min mark. are you able to race with just lap belts?

Thanks watermelon. That's me staging on the left in the yellow car. The ragtop that beat me in the drag race at 13:45 had lap belts only. Just bring a helmet. He beat a Hellcat too. Light car with a stroker and fuel injection.

Last edited:
IMG_0896.PNG

Somebody screenshot this and post it on Moparts. I don't post there. Thanks.

I was banned again about a month ago...Due to a political comment about the Seattle soda tax...

Shame on you Kern - don’t know what was said - but I do know comments about Seattle can indeed be hurtful to those on the ......

Dude! Why do you even waste time on that site? You can get a "vacation" for using the term "liberal" when discussing how much lubricant to apply to a wheel bearing!

This is 14 South on the run to Van Nuys from Willow Springs. Eventually had to pass the biker on the right. He would not get over.

Auto Transport Service
Back