• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SRT8 Roadrunner conversion, NOT a body over!!

Haven't updated this in awhile. A little teaser photo with a VERY dusty engine. I'll post up progress pics in the next few days.

I love this! You guys amaze me on the sheer talent and craftsmanship it takes to do this stuff! Is that Viper Blue?

So if you read my previous post about rear ends and driveshafts for LX cars, then you know why this is necessary. Bought a complete cradle and driveshaft from a wrecked '13 Challenger 5.7 6speed car. From '09-up the diffs, axles, and wheel bearings are the same as SRT's. NOTHING else on the cradle is, so that's what I'll swap.

Gutted Challenger cradle:

SRT cradle with new diff, axles, and wheel bearings. I'll pressure wash and bolt this in:

Nice to see how a professional well versed in the in's and out's of the LX platform does this transformation. Pin perfect.

Thanks guys!

Couple more:

IMG_0363_zpsggtp3vo4.jpg

IMG_0364_zpsfkqrntxj.jpg

IMG_0365_zpswx5xatpi.jpg

IMG_0361_zpstiwtpm6j.jpg

Fantastic all around. You've got some mad skills. Keep up the pictures.

Thanks guys!

Just not complete without this:

IMG_0379_zpsphkkhzcr.jpg

The Nivomats have it sitting high. Will adjust once it is complete.

IMG_0378_zpso1givd0k.jpg
IMG_0371_zpsgglg24cg.jpg

IMG_0372_zpsctc2l2ab.jpg

IMG_0373_zps5nnovt1c.jpg

IMG_0374_zps6xamr1hk.jpg

IMG_0378_zpso1givd0k.jpg

get project ill be watching for updates..also I shot you a pm as well

No, no. That was the original plan. I was just going to install the SRT8 running gear and an XV suspension in the stock RR. When the XV stuff was backordered forever and then became unavailable, I (stupidly) suggested using the SRT8 suspension, already had it, right? Just cut that out and stick that in their., no big deal Yep, I'm the moron that said that. Now that there is light at the end of the tunnel, I think it will be a pretty cool car, but I will admit, their were times I wanted to push it off a cliff!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Darius,

Yeah, it's a little "clicky" over their, but really just wanted some B-body people to see this and maybe use some ideas to build there own.

That is one of the best and most interesting builds I have ever seen. Bad to bone man!

Hinges 002.jpgHinges 001.jpg
Anxious to see how your dash frame and cover fit in. Did you widen the original body? If not, all I had to do to make it fit was cut the side flanges off and bevel the top cross member tube, then fab some mounts and used a nutsert fitting on the firewall. The side mounts similar operation.
The cover was an in and out many times trimming it to fit to the windshield. Side to side all I did was peel the vinyl back on the ends so I could remove the foam padding then glued the vinyl back to the plastic sides. It fit right in. I welded some tabs on the underside of the firewall and used them as a "pinch" point to help hold the top of the cover firmly in place. I also cut all but about a 1" wide edge of the original dash frame because you need that for the stock window mounting and gasket retainer.( see above pics)

Hinges 002.jpg Hinges 001.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back