• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Study Finds 100% Of Men Cooking On Grill Just Kinda Moving Meat Around And Hoping For The Best

I can, but don't enjoy it. I've had some big blowouts in my life and never really did enjoy being in the heat cooking over heat. I even tried several different BBQ grills to get me interested, new toy. I have one I haven't used in 5 years. I didn't say I couldn't, it's just not my cup of tea. About 2 miles from my house is where I BBQ. This place sells the best BBQ and has a wall full of trophies to prove it......... You can cut and eat their one inch thick pork steaks with a plastic spoon.

Last edited:
I can, but don't enjoy it. I've had some big blowouts in my life and never really did enjoy being in the heat cooking over heat. I even tried several different BBQ grills to get me interested, new toy. I have one I haven't used in 5 years. I didn't say I couldn't, it's just not cup of tea. About 2 miles from my house is where I BBQ. This place sells the best BBQ and has a wall full of trophies to prove it......... You can cut and eat their one inch thick pork steaks with a plastic spoon.
I’m not super picky about my food.
My wife is never happy with anything I grill do so I just gave up on it.

I can, but don't enjoy it. I've had some big blowouts in my life and never really did enjoy being in the heat cooking over heat. I even tried several different BBQ grills to get me interested, new toy. I have one I haven't used in 5 years. I didn't say I couldn't, it's just not my cup of tea. About 2 miles from my house is where I BBQ. This place sells the best BBQ and has a wall full of trophies to prove it......... You can cut and eat their one inch thick pork steaks with a plastic spoon.
I agree with your assessment. I do some small batches on my home grill for convenience, but I'll be the first to admit I can't come close to the pros in my area. Wife and I are past hosting large gatherings, but the last one we did, we got take out from the local BBQ joint, and it was way better than anything I could produce.

On a recent trip to Texas, we ate brisket at Black's BBQ, and I've never seen my wife consume that much beef in a sitting. I've eaten enough great stuff in my travels around the country to be humble about my own expertise.

I agree with your assessment. I do some small batches on my home grill for convenience, but I'll be the first to admit I can't come close to the pros in my area. Wife and I are past hosting large gatherings, but the last one we did, we got take out from the local BBQ joint, and it was way better than anything I could produce.

On a recent trip to Texas, we ate brisket at Black's BBQ, and I've never seen my wife consume that much beef in a sitting. I've eaten enough great stuff in my travels around the country to be humble about my own expertise.
In your travels and you have traveled. I was installing a bank teller line, desks and filing cabinets out of town for a week, staying in a hotel. My boss would show up and then disappear. I found out he was eating Hungarian goulash at a truck stop. Said it was the best he ever had and if we said anything to his wife about it, there'd be trouble.

I guess it's the engineer in me that keeps me following the same grilling procedures over and over.

For steak it's 90 seconds and rotate 90 degrees. Then flip and cook for 90 seconds. Then warming rack for 10 minutes or so depending on the thickness. Precisely maintain 400F.

Frozen Bubba burgers are cook 10 minutes and flip. Cook 5 minutes. Finish on the warming rack 5 minutes. Precisely maintain 350F.

Chicken is baked on the grill indirect heat at 350F and rotated or turned every 10 minutes until the temp probe shows done.

More information than you wanted to hear, but proof I'm not just moving meat around on the grill.

Auto Transport Service
Back