• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Supewrbird leaf springs

Stucat

Local time
10:50 AM
Reaction score
Restoring the rear end on my Superbird, 8 3/4. Did some research, can't find a definite on the finish on the leaf springs. Some say natural finish, other's say black paint. Mine are black paint, but could have be painted by the last owner. Yes have the correct number of leafs and part numbers. thanks for the help.

Chassis black. My originals still had remnants of the black paint, although it was only in splotches.

Yes, black and only a very light coat! :lol:Because they rusted soon!

Jerry was it black JUST on the leafs or the clamp straps as well????
All I saw was on the entire springs. The shock plates and u bolts were unpainted. I bead blasted and cleared those to prevent rust.

So I have another question? I took the springs and rear out today. When I took the wheels off there was one finned and one plain rear brake drum. Was wonder with an 8 3/4 in the Bird what style was used? Thanks

10" or 11? My original 10" drums. Generally front disc and 10" rear drums...
superbirdcleanup20182019 092.JPG

10" rear, front disc, Hemi, auto, 3.55 8 3/4. Also has a piece of steel welded in where the pinion snubber would hit the floor, like a reinforcement pc?

10" rear, front disc, Hemi, auto, 3.55 8 3/4. Also has a piece of steel welded in where the pinion snubber would hit the floor, like a reinforcement pc?
I believe that's all correct for your car.

The Rear brake drums, are the finned or smooth edge?

thanks your right, i missed the picture. thanks for all the info

Auto Transport Service
Back