• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tach, Got it Working today

268RTs4ME

Local time
10:27 PM
Reaction score
Have you ever decided you were going fix something hell or high water? Thats what I said to myself today, I am gonna find out what was the matter with my tach, It was working great until about a month ago and just Quit. So ended up taking out rally cluster, the wiring was hooked up correctly on tach but was not getting anything from coil to tach, so under the hood I go, All wires hooked up correctly to coil,, so i took tack wire off of coil , unhooked tach wire from back of tach ,Then I hooked a hot wire from batt. to tach wire by coil, which meant my wire inside that hooks up to the tach should be 12 Vs coming out of it, so took my test light and stuck it to the plug in wire that plugs on the tach and it was dead.., told me I had a bad connection or broken wire somewhere. so strip wire loom from firewall to coil, found two places where tach wire had been spliced with those crummy as.. squeeze together connectors, eliminated those and soddering, those two connections were someone rigged up before, and still no current, so I went over all connections again to make sure I didn't miss anything, I followed coil wire to bulkhead where it goes into fire wall and pushed coil wire in and jiggled and BINGO,i got a tach,:yes: this only took me about 3 hours, so since I had dash apart went ahead an polished my dash lens, looks great. Next on list is to get cruise working, then my manual sunroof is after that, then I beleive I have fixed every option on this car, gonna give myself an attaman award later, but gotta what for my girlfriend....:blush:

That's called OBSESSION. And yeah, I have. Sometimes defeat just isn't an option

Auto Transport Service
Back