• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Temp sending unit in radiator hose. Question.

64SF

Local time
9:13 AM
Reaction score
I bought one of these to install in the upper radiator hose hoping to use it for the stock temp gauge sending unit and stock temp gauge in my 64 Plymouth. Sending unit fit fine in the part. Problem is no reading and am thinking it probably needs a ground back to the engine. Anyone have any experience with one of these?

Am also running a mechanical gauge.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ADD-W1-Wate...6ed7020&pid=100677&rk=4&rkt=4&sd=201161560995

You are correct. An electric gage sending unit needs a ground. Why don't you run your mechanical gage in the hose thing you bought and the electric one in the stock location?

You are correct. An electric gage sending unit needs a ground. Why don't you run your mechanical gage in the hose thing you bought and the electric one in the stock location?

Thank you for responding. Stock location has been plugged because of the installation of after market (nostalgic air) air conditioning system.

I think I've come up with a way to ground the sending unit and will try it tomorrow and post the results.

edit...

If you're also running a mech gauge, like PB said, just swap the senders...

Auto Transport Service
Back