• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The King

steve from staten island

Local time
7:37 AM
Reaction score
Graceland. On our list of things places to see. Anybody been there? Heard it is someplace nice to visit....Raining here cold and damp and i can hear Kentucky rain in my head one of my favorites.

Been there...visited on one of Elvis's anniversaries of his death...1990

Huge crowds, met his Uncle at the gift tent across the road. Cool pace to visit if you have time.
We also went "up the road" some to the Johnny Cash "House of Cash' museum. Met Johnny's mother...she must have gone by now. She was a very nice lady to talk to, and IIRC she autographed the museum gift book for us. :)

Not far south of there we took in a tour of the Jack Daniel's Distillery. Wow, that was an education. Took me a while to get my 'ear in' to the drawl of the Guide....but he was fun and very informative. A great tour to do if you can.

I was never a big Elvis fan but went there about 12 years ago on a trip to the Memphis area, I really enjoyed it and left with a better appreciation for "The King" , I would recommend it to anyone, you wont regret it.

Actually, even though I have several Elvis albums in various formats, I haven't heard any of his material in quite a while. The sad part is that the last time I saw news of him it was on the cover of one of those news rags by the supermarket checkout. It was the Enquirer or the Star or something and it read something to the effect of "Elvis Presley's Ghost Seen Talking With An Enchanted Frog" or something bizarre like that. I actually considered buying it as you can always use a little humor. I actually like the mans music. Maybe I'll give one a listen soon.

Been there and stayed at the Heartbreak Hotel Campground. Really neat place if you like Elvis. Once you see some of the "special" rooms, you'll wonder if it was the era or he really was a strange dude.
The jungle room and the billiard room come to mind.:thumbsup:
Beautiful grounds and garage also.
And forgot, if you're trusting.......take a pink Limo ride to get ribs.

There is only one King. King Richard and you do not have to drive clear to Memphis.
Well there’s also King James(Akron,Oh.) now that I think about it,still going strong at 33yrs old.LeBron James.

Yeah, been there, definitely a must see. But, I couldn't believe the environment/neighborhood It was in.

Auto Transport Service
Back