• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Proper way to cook a Rib Eye steak

The key to the perfect robe year is the proper cut. I buy an entire loin of corn fed Angus from the local butcher and vacumn seal it. I then store it in my shop refrigerator at 38° F for 48 days. Then I cut it up into steaks of proper thickness wrap them in freezer paper and saran wrap and put them into my freezer saving a couple to grill that night.
I grill them over a hot charcoal grill 5 to 6 min on each side to search in the flavor. Remove them and let sit for an addition 7-8 min. Then bon-appetite! Delicious. I am a total perfectionist when it comes to Rib-Eyes. They are the most delicious food known to man!
Why let them sit for 7-8 minutes ? I like my steak and juices hot-warm. .....................MO

Why let them sit for 7-8 minutes ? I like my steak and juices hot-warm. .....................MO
It will still be hot. Just continues the process. The difference between rare and raw is the few minutes of sitting after you pull it from the grill. 7 or 8 may be a bit to long. 5 is more accurate

if you cut into them right away, you will have a tough steak because the juices do not have a chance to get back into the fibers of the meat. give it 5 min and it will build the anticipation too...

The next best way to eat a ribeye.
Prime rib medium rare special seasoning.
That Place Steakhouse in Conrad IA makes them to perfection. Wash it down with a Heineken and a slice of pecan pie for desert! Ate there just last night
20170114_180638.jpg

The next best way to eat a ribeye.
Prime rib medium rare special seasoning.
That Place Steakhouse in Conrad IA makes them to perfection. Wash it down with a Heineken and a slice of pecan pie for desert! Ate there just last nightView attachment 388173
Wifey fixed top sirloin tonight, marinated and just fried in the skillet.excellent.
you get over to Clarinda Iowa, get your steak at J's Steakhouse & Pizza. They only have Rib Eye, Top Sirloin , and maybe Prime rib ..14 oz. for $18 with sides including coffe or tea. Non better anywhere! .I love those hot plates......................MO

Wifey fixed top sirloin tonight, marinated and just fried in the skillet.excellent.
you get over to Clarinda Iowa, get your steak at J's Steakhouse & Pizza. They only have Rib Eye, Top Sirloin , and maybe Prime rib ..14 oz. for $18 with sides including coffe or tea. Non better anywhere! .I love those hot plates......................MO

I wish I could get those cuts for 18 bucks! Crazy talk.

There are multiple nights I take my wife out for steak dinners usually its 60 dollars for each rib eye and they are al la carte.
Sometimes we go and get the 40oz bone in porterhouse. Which is always good.

When we want decent steak at decent prices we grab our friends and go to a place called herbs and rye that has half off steaks for happy hour. There is a 60oz and 120oz steak you can get for $90 and $190 that is after half off. Then eat them family style with the friends.

That's a big *** steak 120oz. Lol

When you live near the beef supply, it's a bit cheaper. My bill Friday night.
2- 12 Oz prime rib meals
2- Heineken bottles (me)
2- Cooks light bottles (my gal)
1- slice pecan pie (me)
Total $50 plus a $12 tip

2- 12 Oz prime rib meals
2- Heineken bottles (me)
1- slice pecan pie (me)
Total $50 plus a $12 tip

Shoot 50 bucks! That's so cheap!

The drinks alone out here in vegas are like 10 bucks a pop.

Most good steakhouse prices are much more expensive than where you are. Last time I spent 200 for the whole dinner then 50 dollar tip.

Speaking of steaks- I'm just leaving sams club with some prime filets, red potatoes, and asparagus.

Usually my wife cooks the steak because I usually mess up but I'm going to try that baking method with the seer at the end.

She is currently working while I'm hanging out with the kids, shopping, and looking at cars. (Old school and new challenger scat pack)

at the store these (prime grade) go for $20-25/lb. my cost? $9/lb :p
Well I won't complain as much. It's still too much.

And what's with all of these weird cuts lately? I can't even remember what some of the names are. I'll have to write them down the next time I'm in the store.

I guess it's like they did to chicken a few years ago. Chop, chop, there ya go. White mixed with dark on the same piece.

I wish I could get those cuts for 18 bucks! Crazy talk.

There are multiple nights I take my wife out for steak dinners usually its 60 dollars for each rib eye and they are al la carte.
Sometimes we go and get the 40oz bone in porterhouse. Which is always good.

When we want decent steak at decent prices we grab our friends and go to a place called herbs and rye that has half off steaks for happy hour. There is a 60oz and 120oz steak you can get for $90 and $190 that is after half off. Then eat them family style with the friends.
LOL, several years ago when we were in Vegas, we went to a little Italian Steak House on the strip. Ordered drinks and got menues. No prices on the menue. We asked about prices and got the old " if you have to ask, you can't afford it" look. We paid for the drinks and left ! ................MO

2- 12 Oz prime rib meals
2- Heineken bottles (me)
1- slice pecan pie (me)
Total $50 plus a $12 tip
Sounds right... where is Granger ? (i think you said)

Auto Transport Service
Back