• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thinking about upgrading

kb67mopar

Local time
4:22 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys, wondered your thoughts. Some of you may be aware of my car, and some not, so the background:

2003 5.7 Hemi in a 67 Coronet. Running a Stock computer and hotwire auto harness. Engine is completely stock.

I bought a couple core engines for my truck project and think that is going by the wayside now. So If I sell that, I have been thinking about building a new engine for the Coronet. Here is my plan (tell me if you like it or think its silly)

Stock rotating assembly
Comp 273-14H Cam
6.1L Lifters and pushrods
Indy Mod Man intake manifold
FiTech 600 hp throttle body injection
Hemi6 Spark control box

I am thinking this combo should be good for around 450 hp based on some reading I have been doing. Anybody see any flaws in the combo?

Also if I go through with this I will have my 03 engine, wiring harness, computer, throttle sensor for sale if anybody is interested. (but not until driving season is over unless you are really convincing :p)

Aren't there enough aftermarket upgrades that would easier and cheaper to get you there? Tuner, lrg injectors and as a last resort maybe a can upgrade???
Seems like a lot of unnecessary expense to build the same motor for 450hp.

Aren't there enough aftermarket upgrades that would easier and cheaper to get you there? Tuner, lrg injectors and as a last resort maybe a can upgrade???
Seems like a lot of unnecessary expense to build the same motor for 450hp.
Well to be completely honest the swap in fuel injection systems and intake manifold are more for aesthetics than horsepower. The stock fuel injection and the cam upgrade should get me to 425-450 hp.

Auto Transport Service
Back