• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Threw important stuff away... feeling terrible.

jmbass98

Local time
5:34 PM
Reaction score
Just realized when I was looking through my cars that I no longer have the original documents that came with my '66 Charger. Dealership booklet, promotional CDs, factory photos, owner's manual, and some other things that were rare and cool that I can't remember right now.

So disappointed and upset. I'm holding out hope that they turn up somehow, but it looks like I lost it all when I was moving after transitioning out of the military.

Cherry on top is that the folder also had the title and registration.

Man what a horrible day.

Edit: meant to post this in General not General Tech, sorry.

You sure the folders not in your underwear drawer...

I thought I'd lost my Bird's broadcast sheets at one point after a move.. tucked away safe, just baffled for a year+ where that was...

Hope they'll pop up unexpectedly for ya.
Me too...
You sure the folders not in your underwear drawer...

I thought I'd lost my Bird's broadcast sheets at one point after a move.. tucked away safe, just baffled for a year+ where that was...
I don't own much stuff since I'm in a new area, so unless it's tucked away in a corner of my car somewhere and being stubborn, then yeah looks like it's all gone.
I don't imagine Chrysler has stuff tucked away that I could mail them about for copies? lol...

At least I still have the certi-card I guess.

Fairly certain this is a Canadian car. But I'll try that, would be nice to at least have something. Thank you.

That sucks and I hope they turn up,

but think of it like this,

better you still have the car and lost the paperwork than the other way around...

Wish I still had them... would've been cool to share.
Keep the faith - in yourself - that you wouldn't have just tossed such things, that they're merely where you
haven't looked yet.
The older you get, the more often this will occur. :thumbsup:

Original stuff really sucks to lose. I had a binder with the receipts and pics of the components used in my Duster 451 engine build. And that binder appears missing. I got a great deal on BME aluminum rods. And now I can't prove it. Or Ross pistons. Ect....

If it doesn't show up? I'm guessing about $2k less on any asking price if sale was in the future. So there is monetary value in documentation.

It has to be near. But for the life of me I can't find. :(

I hope we all have favorable findings in near future.

Last edited:
Original stuff really sucks to lose. I had a binder with the receipts and pics of the components used in my Duster 451 engine build. And that binder appears missing. I got a great deal on BME aluminum rods. And now I can't prove it. Or Ross pistons. Ect....

If it doesn't show up? I'm guessing about $2k less on any asking price if sale was in the future. So there is monetary value in documentation.

It has to be near. But for the life of me I can't find. :(

I hope we all have favorable findings in near future.
And now I think more? The B1-BS heads are easiest enough to prove. You can see them. But not the 16 new stainless valves!

Next time? In triplicate!

If it's any consolation @jmbass98 ....I am really awesome at keeping things for many years, then having a major cleanout.....then needing said items about a week later. :lol: Happens every time I throw stuff out......I always need something I threw out not long after it is too late to retrieve.

I am absolutely sure that others have this magic affliction. :rolleyes:

If it's any consolation @jmbass98 ....I am really awesome at keeping things for many years, then having a major cleanout.....then needing said items about a week later. :lol: Happens every time I throw stuff out......I always need something I threw out not long after it is too late to retrieve.

I am absolutely sure that others have this magic affliction. :rolleyes:
It's funny how that happens. It almost should be a Murphy's law? (Might be?) "It's unneeded until you throw it away."

I lost the certicard for my 66 Hemi it bugged the crap out of me for the longest time, but it turned up all most a year later in the back of one of the drawers in my tool chest.

I lost the certicard for my 66 Hemi it bugged the crap out of me for the longest time, but it turned up all most a year later in the back of one of the drawers in my tool chest.
Mine is around somewhere...

At least I think it is.

holding out hope that they turn up somehow
All sorts of stuff I remember having and can’t find. Allow me an embarrassing for instance though: I lost a watch my now departed dad gave me around 25 years ago. It was a gift from my mother engraved in 1953. Beautiful gold Franklin Longines. Meant a lot to me remembering he wore it for decades. I recall having it in my truck console box to get a new band for it. Was certain it must have been stolen then as I had taken the truck in for unexpected repairs.

Posted a reward for it, local paper, etc, etc. About five-years later finally tackled cleaning out a vanity in the bathroom. Way back on a low shelf, I grabbed stuff I couldn’t see pulling it out. Out comes a baggy…with my dad’s watch in it! I was in shock, could not believe it! Then it was why da F was it there?

Ahh, yes…I did take it out of the truck and put it there before we were going on a trip to see our daughter when she was in the PC in Costa Rica. I stuck it there as a security thing in case our house might be broken into while we were gone. NO recollection I did all this!

As I periodically go through the house getting rid of stuff stowed for years, I’ve found a few other things I had looked for thinking they were long gone.

Maybe you will get lucky to find your doc’s – with me I never friggin know. Good luck.

Auto Transport Service
Back