• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Time to hit the Track.

Looks like a shipping problem to me!

View attachment 501295
The last pic is shipping damage, the other flaws are during manufacturing.

UPS damage a guage bensil I had bought and notifying the seller with pictures he contacted them and they paid for the full value of the piece, no questions asked. And I kept the piece for parts!

If you used a credit card get them involved.There is also the BBB even if he's isn't a member they will at least contact him on your behalf .

Man, I feel bad for you.
No excuse to send that kind of **** out to a customer.
And for the comment that it was a shipping problem....
WOW!
Good luck with you're fight.
Hopefully he'll be a man and make it right for you.
All I know is that if one of my customers has ANY type of issue with what I've done, I drop everything and run to them to make it right in their eyes.
That doesn't make me a rich man, but it does make me a satisfied one.

You are so right about standing behind your product and service. I like your style Bobtile, too bad you weren't in the fibreglass business!

If you used a credit card get them involved.There is also the BBB even if he's isn't a member they will at least contact him on your behalf .

Sled City only deals by Paypal. I took a chance, others here have dealt with him, I didnt find anything negative lately and he's been at it a long time. He talks the talk when dealing with him and a nice fellow on the phone. Still hoping that he accepts responsibility.

I say shipping AND packing issue. Probably wasn't packaged as good as it should of been and being couriers are always very careful when the handle items (insert sarcasm here,) it got damaged. I had a dash shipped to me once before and arrived broken. Seller says I need to deal with shipping not his issue. It was placed in a box with no packing. Nothing is going to survive shipped that way.

I contacted Sled City and took my issue up with the shipper who sent this package out. Go figure it was Larry, and he told me he boxed it up while watching Hanity.

The last pic is shipping damage, the other flaws are during manufacturing.

UPS damage a guage bensil I had bought and notifying the seller with pictures he contacted them and they paid for the full value of the piece, no questions asked. And I kept the piece for parts!

Ships only by Old Dominion. I was with the receiver when we came to the box. I saw the packaging and I had no recourse to argue. The receiver commented how he hates it when people package and send stuff like that.

Sled City only deals by Paypal. I took a chance, others here have dealt with him, I didnt find anything negative lately and he's been at it a long time. He talks the talk when dealing with him and a nice fellow on the phone. Still hoping that he accepts responsibility.
Contact Paypal immediately and tell them there is an issue.
They will deal with the other end.

You racing the feature at SIR this weekend? I'll be there Saturday. How about Swift?

Contact Paypal immediately and tell them there is an issue.
They will deal with the other end.
Excellent, that is exactly what I'll do.
Thank you!

You racing the feature at SIR this weekend? I'll be there Saturday. How about Swift?
Yes Sir Wookie. I plan on making both days and it looks like both grandsons will be my pitcrew totalling 22 years of age between them. See you there.

This is my take. Larry posts here often. He always puts a plug in for his stuff. I think he should post now. Lets here what he has to say. I don't see a peep? Why not? I've read commentary made in the past on parts customers have received. Personally I wouldn't buy anything from him.
Doug

Yes Sir Wookie. I plan on making both days and it looks like both grandsons will be my pitcrew totalling 22 years of age between them. See you there.
I'll have the whole family and others I think. They may have to block an entire bleacher off for my crew LOL.

I'll have the whole family and others I think. They may have to block an entire bleacher off for my crew LOL.
Better make it past first round or you and your fan club will all be down in the Losers Lounge at the far end of the bleachers. :) It actually was officially called Losers Lounge, but then some whiny tit complained that it wasn't politically correct and his feelings were hurt.. Maybe it was Trudeau incognito..

Last edited:
On another note, I see where I can start working with the suspension now that the 64 is running consistent.

An update on Sled City's customer service. He graciously offered a 75 dollar refund that he says will easily cover the costs to fix the imperfections. He says that all fibreglass hoods need finishing when first received.. That is his final offer take it or leave it. My reply said:

Larry.
Your response is exactly as I expected. A bunch of long winded bullshit to be blunt. Upon seeing the garbage that you sent me, it was clear of the type of person I was dealing with.
Regarding the pathetic 75 dollar offer, don't bother. I'm out a lot of money by dealing with you, what's another measly 75 bucks.
The garbage that you distribute is nothing more than poor quality crap. No wonder the BBB does not accredit your business. I wish I would have checked you out beforehand. I won't waste anymore time on you as you are clearly a low life smooth talking crook.
It's certainly buyer beware when it comes to Larry Augentine @ Sled City Fibreglass.

Back to square one, I just hope that other members don't get mixed up with that guy.

Sorry to hear that.
I bet Paypal would give you your money back. You had to link your Paypal account to a credit card or your bank account,get them involved.

Heading back up to the track this weekend. Looking for a new personal best. Hoping the car runs consistent and in 2 weeks back again but with the Super Victor and 1050 Dominator to do a comparison against the 440-25 with the 750 Eddies.
Wookie is going to be there too with his rocket Charger and I just hope that I don't get matched up against him in eliminations, he'll put me on the trailer for sure that bugger!.
IMG_4353.JPG
IMG_4354.JPG

Heading back up to the track this weekend. Looking for a new personal best. Hoping the car runs consistent and in 2 weeks back again but with the Super Victor and 1050 Dominator to do a comparison against the 440-25 with the 750 Eddies.
Wookie is going to be there too with his rocket Charger and I just hope that I don't get matched up against him in eliminations, he'll put me on the trailer for sure that bugger!.
View attachment 502375 View attachment 502376
I guess because of the size of the field they are only doing 1 time trial instead of 3. We both better bring out A game so we get more than 2 passes each. Your safe tomorrow. I'm only there Saturday.

Make any runs yet today? Is it filling up there? Barney is loaded and ready to leave after work. You have room beside you? Hoping to dump trailer tonight.

Make any runs yet today? Is it filling up there? Barney is loaded and ready to leave after work. You have room beside you? Hoping to dump trailer tonight.

Yes. 2 passes and that's it. 10.490 @ 128.2.
Sorry Wookie it's plumb full where I am. Daley kept a spot hidden for me up the Mopar camp. Some room in the grass I see. Where you were last time. If something comes open I'll let you know.

Auto Transport Service
Back