• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To Dynamat or Not

A logo and paying for Foose's ebdorsment..... Nothing that I could tell physically or performance wise, its just less expensive.

I just had a new headliner installed and I provided some batting to use if needed. He told me he used it all because the old stuff just fell off. He also said that he normally doesn't bother unless requested, but did say that he WILL NOT use Dynamat even if asked. Didn't go into much detail, but now I wished I had asked. I could call and ask if anyone is really interested.

As for the floors, I have no thoughts.

Never heard of fat mat..whats the difference with this and dyna?
The only difference I found was cost. I purchased 100 sq. ft.of Rattletrap. In 2015 I paid 199.99 thru Amazon. It came in 2 rolls. I still have about a third of a roll left. I did the floor, firewall, and trunk. Then went back and doubled up under the back seat. This is for my 66Belvedere.

I suggest you ask FatMat if it is a Butyl or Petroleum distillate compound. I don't smell anything when inside the car except for occasional tire smoke. :lol:

Thx. I can offer you some tips how to prevent the tire smoke..lol..

Thanks. I never thought about tar odors with some variations of materials so something to watch for. Butyl sounds like better selection as I gathered...

Auto Transport Service
Back