• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To header or not?

Anyone install Dougs on a power steering 68 b body?
Did the install require a smaller starter?

Headers all the way, no question. Sell your logs and buy some horsepower.

No expert here, but I can chime in on the headers:
Don't
Get
Hedmans.
Fitment just plain sucks. Dings are mandatory, as is a smaller starter.
Plug changes are unnecessarily harder as well.

Yuck.

No expert here, but I can chime in on the headers:
Don't
Get
Hedmans.
Fitment just plain sucks. Dings are mandatory, as is a smaller starter.
Plug changes are unnecessarily harder as well.

Yuck.

Those cheap 78030 Headman's worked great and fit well on my 440 69 roadrunner with no power steering. The mini started was not absolutely necessary but made removal much easier. I'm sorry they didn't work for you.

Those cheap 78030 Headman's worked great and fit well on my 440 69 roadrunner with no power steering. The mini started was not absolutely necessary but made removal much easier. I'm sorry they didn't work for you.
Want these? :)

Anyone install Dougs on a power steering 68 b body?
Did the install require a smaller starter?

Although on a '71, Doug's headers ceramic coated on a 400 motor with power steering, Remflex gaskets and mini starter. To the OP or who ever is thinking of headers: Do yourself a favor and get a set of Stage 8 fasteners and be done.

20160605_162127.jpg

Getting close to buying.
Wondering if the 2" primary and 3.5" collector is too big for a street car?
Apparently Dougs only come in this size.

Getting close to buying.
Wondering if the 2" primary and 3.5" collector is too big for a street car?
Apparently Dougs only come in this size.

Yea but you can get another collector that will work

Looks like they only come in 3.5".
I know I can reduce them from there, just wondering if they are too big for a mild 440.

IMHP, Too big. I have a 3" collector and will either stay with the 3" or go to 2.5" collector

IMO TTI, You'll be glad you did. yes they are pricey but you get what you pay for. sell the manifolds for a couple of hundred and put the money to the new headers. "you'll never be disappointed buying the best "

TTI.jpg TTI 2.jpg View attachment 390202

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back