• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tom Petty on life support after cardiac arrest - will not be down for breakfast . . .

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:58 AM
Reaction score
What's the over/under on whether he won't be down for breakfast? It would be a heart breaker if he wasn't.

Tom Petty was rushed to the hospital in Santa Monica, California, Sunday night after he was found unconscious and not breathing, TMZ reported Monday.

The 66-year-old singer had suffered a cardiac arrest in his Malibu home before emergency personnel arrived and took him to UCLA Santa Monica Hospital, law enforcement sources told TMZ.

Sources told the website that Mr. Petty was put on life support and his condition was critical.

“We’ve been in touch with numerous people from Petty’s camp and they are clearly upset but not talking,” TMZ reported.

Mr. Petty played at the Golden 1 Center in Sacramento Sunday night, according to reports.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ignal&utm_campaign=pushnotify&utm_medium=push

Tom Petty is one of my favorites.
Prayers for him, I hope he makes it through.
Just saw him perform in May. Still had it then

I'm a fan too.....prayers go out to Mr. Petty and his family.

may as well edit the title....... he ain't coming down for breakfast....RIP

Last edited:
RIP Tom

I loved a lot of your music...

"Not breathing" when found doesn't sound good at all. Wilburys almost gone, darn it!

Will NOT be down. RIP Tom - a true talent lost...

Will miss Him. Sheparding the Poor lost Souls from Las Vegas to Heaven. Rest in Peace All

RIP Tom - we’re really losing a lot of these middle aged rockers too.

Just heard (on the radio 1:15 pm PST) he is not done yet.
May he keep living in peace?

Last edited:
Totally bummed about this news. Been a fan for 30+ years and have seen him live multiple times. Such incredible talent.
He will be missed but his extensive catalog will forever be cherished.
Rock in Peace, Tom.

We just saw him in June.

GREAT show.

What a life.

Auto Transport Service
Back